Error 0x80248013 and 0x80244022

Eric Brodish [MSFT]

Oct 10, 2006, 2:14:23 PM10/10/06

As you know we are having some issues this morning. We have resolve the
issue around 0x80244022 and you should not be seeing this error any more.
We are still experience the error 0x80248013 and are working to resolve as
quickly as possible. I will post once this issue has been resolved.

We are sorry of an inconvenience that this has caused.

Thank you

Eric

Alex

Oct 10, 2006, 3:51:02 PM10/10/06
Error 0x80244022 is not resolved. I'm still having the problem!

Saffold@discussions.microsoft.com Michael Saffold

Oct 10, 2006, 4:41:02 PM10/10/06
Hello :)

I, too, have received both the 80248013 and 80244022 errors. I followed the
KB article to correct the 013 error and started receiving the 022 error. I
then cleared the IE cache and attempted the update again which finally worked.

The 80244022 error seems to be corrected by clearing browser cache.

Hope this helps,

Michael

Jason

Mar 6, 2007, 4:27:39 AM3/6/07
I'm also having this problem.. Error 80244022 from Windows Update. My system
is up to date apart from just one download that keeps showing this message..
The update i'm trying to get is KB915597 Windows Defender Defenitions Update..
I get the error both from Windows Update and also from Windows Defender when
I try to update from there.

I'm using Windows Vista and a proxy server for my internet access.. Tried
deleting the proxy etc etc but still doesn't work....

anicurvy

Jun 25, 2007, 12:51:00 PM6/25/07
the same for me, still having Error 80244022 from Windows Update. this error
suppose to be solved months ago! .. any thing to do? because i tried deleting
temp internet files.

Robin Walker [MVP]

Jun 25, 2007, 1:32:27 PM6/25/07
anicurvy <anic...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> the same for me, still having Error 80244022 from Windows Update.
> this error suppose to be solved months ago! .. any thing to do?
> because i tried deleting temp internet files.

How and where exactly are you seeing this error number? Please quote the
verbatim message.

Are you seeing this error number for every Windows Update, or just
particular ones? If the latter, which update KB numbers are affected?

Which version of Windows are you using?

--
Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
rd...@cam.ac.uk

anicurvy

Jun 25, 2007, 2:41:02 PM6/25/07

"Robin Walker [MVP]" wrote:

thank u Mr. Robin ..

I'm using vista hompe premium .. there was one error befor, but i couldnt
remember the code of it .. today i came to manualy update my system and two
errors appeared: 800F020B and 0x80244022 .. these after starting downloading
the updates ..
i got the the soulution for 0x80244022 from this web site but couldn't find
for 0x80244022 ..
i don't know which exact updates cusing the error, but there is 7 updates
failed to be instaled .. i tried to download updates one by one, and the
error appeared with:
KB933566
KB929123
KB890830
and in some updates (KB931213), (KB905866), (KB936825), (KB936030: outlook
2003 update) it told me: not needed !!although are given as: important and
recomended !!

thank u

Robin Walker [MVP]

Jun 25, 2007, 4:29:22 PM6/25/07
anicurvy <anic...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm using vista hompe premium .. there was one error befor, but i
> couldnt remember the code of it .. today i came to manualy update my
> system and two errors appeared: 800F020B and 0x80244022 .. these
> after starting downloading the updates ..
> i got the the soulution for 0x80244022 from this web site but
> couldn't find for 0x80244022 ..
> i don't know which exact updates cusing the error, but there is 7
> updates failed to be instaled .. i tried to download updates one by
> one, and the error appeared with:
> KB933566
> KB929123
> KB890830
> and in some updates (KB931213), (KB905866), (KB936825), (KB936030:
> outlook 2003 update) it told me: not needed !!although are given as:
> important and recomended !!

I'm not sure what is causing your problem, but I'm going to recommend an
update to your Windows Update software so that we know it is all properly
installed.

Before doing the items below, ensure that you have disabled all 3rd-party
anti-virus, anti-spyware, popup-blocker, download accelerator, or firewall.
If you disabled a 3rd-party firewall, then re-enable Windows Firewall for
the duration.

For 32-bit systems, download and save to hard disk, and then install:
<http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7/windowsupdate/redist/standalone/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe>

If this produces an error message about "Update agent already
installed", then execute the installer again manually, with parameter
/wuforce as in (at a Windows cmd.exe prompt window):

WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce

Then visit Windows Update again, and report back whether your problem is
fixed.

anicurvy

Jun 25, 2007, 6:29:13 PM6/25/07

"Robin Walker [MVP]" wrote:

thank you for your support

unfortinatlty it dose not work :(
i disabled aVast antivirus .. i don't use any other 3rd party software ..
run the downloaded update and installed it succesfuly .. repoot the system ..
tried the updater .. but failed :(

it start like this:
Downloading 7 updates (0MB total, 0% complete)

after few moments it get the size:
Downloading 7 updates (15.1MB total, 0% complete)

then suddenly gave the tesult as:
Failed: 7 updates
Error(s) found:
Code 80244022

i couldn't understand what is tis error :(

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Jun 26, 2007, 4:10:48 AM6/26/07
0x80244022 = SUS_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_SERVICE_UNAVAIL
Http status 503 - temporarily overloaded

How to manually download the latest definition updates for Windows Defender
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923159/
--
====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2007 - Australia

"anicurvy" <anic...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

anicurvy

Jun 27, 2007, 3:26:01 AM6/27/07
thank you,

but definition updates for Windows Defender is not included in the updates
i'm trying to install !!

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

wonderbot

Feb 4, 2008, 8:57:01 AM2/4/08
Just incase i have the wrong forum spot.(since this is the first time i'm
posting)

i went to the update site to update, it downloaded all the updates but
didn't install. so i clicked close and it went to the summary page, on the
right hand corner i got the error 0X80244022 (but only once)

i have windows XP Media Center on auto update, and it keeps giving me this
update message.

Some updates were not installed.

The following updates were not installed

Security Update for Windows XP (KB933729)
Security Update for Outlook Express for Windows XP (KB941202)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)
Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB942615)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB937894)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - January 2008 (KB890830)
Security Update for Windows XP with Windows Media Format Runtime 9.5 and 11
(KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943485)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1 (KB929300)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)

Do i have to download the windows update tool like the person with vista?

Since i have alot of needed updates and a patient person, got any solutions?

TaurArian

Feb 4, 2008, 3:49:44 PM2/4/08
0x80244022 = SUS_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_SERVICE_UNAVAIL
Http status 503 - temporarily overloaded

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon

"wonderbot" <wond...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Not Resolved@discussions.microsoft.com Error Not Resolved

May 11, 2008, 8:19:01 PM5/11/08
Noooo, this issue has NOT been resolved as I am still receiving this error
message of of 5/11/08 @ 8:15pm EST.

MowGreen [MVP]

May 12, 2008, 3:54:27 PM5/12/08
Did you check the Date of Eric's post ?

WHICH version of Windows ?

WHICH update, or are all updates, causing the errors ?
Does the error codes appear on Microsoft or Windows Update ?
Do the error codes appear when doing Automatic Updates ?

Providing relevant information means that someone can assist you quicker.

Tagging on to an older Thread and providing little relevant information
is practically useless.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Robert

Jun 24, 2008, 8:56:00 AM6/24/08
Eric,

I am having problems as well with 0x80244022. What can be done?

Robert

TaurArian

Jun 25, 2008, 6:07:37 AM6/25/08
0x80244022 = SUS_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_SERVICE_UNAVAIL
Http status 503 - temporarily overloaded

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Robert" <Rob...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Fred

Aug 23, 2008, 9:32:01 AM8/23/08
This is *STILL* an issue, even as late as August 23, 2008, on a *BRAND NEW*
Dell D830 running Vista Home Basic.

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Aug 23, 2008, 5:33:53 PM8/23/08
Fred wrote:

> This is *STILL* an issue, even as late as August 23, 2008, on a *BRAND NEW*
> Dell D830 running Vista Home Basic.

Not the same issue. Please start a new thread describing the problem you are
experiencing.

Harry.

--
Boycott Beijing 2008 http://www.rsf.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=174

Sick of microsoft

Sep 11, 2008, 9:18:00 PM9/11/08
Neeto a new ******* error message, great, awsome, thanks jokersoft. I just
got this error, I was running the express update, the green thing went across
the screen for a while and then BAM!!!! Error number: 0x80244022, NO
EXPLANATION no list of updates that were either installed or not installed
just Error number: 0x80244022, I wonder if some of the half witts at
crappersoft get bored and just try to find new ways to screw with people???
So what does this error mean, I get so sick of error messages, I just learned
after several days of searching how to fix one issue, I guess in a few more I
might be able to figure this one out, but I am sure in the mean time I will
get another new error message some time soon. HOw can microsoft charge so
much for defective crap???????????????????????????

Sick of microsoft

Sep 11, 2008, 9:25:00 PM9/11/08
What a fine example of crap at its best. When will this be resolved????

Error number: 0x80244022Error number: 0x80244022Error number:
0x80244022Error number: 0x80244022Error number: 0x80244022Error number:
0x80244022Error number: 0x80244022
Resolved what a ***&^*%$ # joke, the only thing resolved is the fact
microsoft got my money, yup that's resolved. Thanks for donating to the Bill
gates and friends get richer fund!

Diana

Sep 12, 2008, 9:57:32 AM9/12/08
Hello,

0x80244022 translates to SUS_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_SERVICE_UNAVAIL

Try rename the "SoftwareDistribution" folder:

1. Click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK.
2. Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command:

net stop WuAuServ
ren %windir%\softwaredistribution sdold
net start WuAuServ

Diana Smith [MSFT] <dias...@hotmail.com>
CSS Security Team

"Sick of microsoft" <Sickofm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:335531E0-540E-4F8E...@microsoft.com...

NHC@discussions.microsoft.com David NHC

Oct 24, 2008, 9:15:01 PM10/24/08
It does not look like the issue 80244022 is resolved yet. It has been
blocking my update attempts for at least the last 3 weeks.

David NHC

Robert Aldwinckle

Oct 30, 2008, 7:09:19 PM10/30/08
"David NHC" <David N...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> It does not look like the issue 80244022 is resolved yet.
> It has been blocking my update attempts for at least the last 3 weeks.

If you want help with this you will need to state which update is giving you that symptom.

Clearly it is not the same one that was being discussed in 2006
when this thread started. ; }

10/10/2006 11:16 AM PST
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&mid=ad531c45-b79e-4696-9c51-e63fa9c70f8b&sloc=en-us

So it would be best instead of adding yet another Me too! here
to start your own problem discussion with a more specific Subject line
which is less likely to attract more Me too! posts. ; )

---

Bj

Nov 5, 2008, 9:41:01 AM11/5/08
Hi, i've noticed that others are still having the same problem with this
error code. is there going to be corrections made soon. Bj Dailey wrote
this message.

khan@discussions.microsoft.com zarshad khan

Dec 3, 2008, 7:33:01 AM12/3/08
sorry on 3 december 08 i have the same problem from 6 to 8 times while
updating my vista
plz corriet it as soon as possible

sar

Dec 3, 2008, 9:49:01 AM12/3/08
Same issue here. Error number: 0x80244022 Dec 3 2008

What is the resolution please? I have already rebooted the machine. XP Pro SP2

TaurArian

Dec 3, 2008, 3:25:37 PM12/3/08
0x80244022 = SUS_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_SERVICE_UNAVAIL
Http status 503 - temporarily overloaded

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services

http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================

guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

"sar" <s...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

TaurArian

Fmote

Dec 11, 2008, 10:40:25 AM12/11/08
I disabled my windows firewall then ran windows updates and it worked. i
don't know exactly what port needs to be unlocked but atleast its narrowed
down to a firewall issue

grason

Dec 28, 2008, 5:34:00 PM12/28/08
error number: 0x80244022 is still affecting my updates. grason

TaurArian

Dec 29, 2008, 3:14:24 AM12/29/08
grason wrote:
:: error number: 0x80244022 is still affecting my updates. grason
::

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?&query=grason&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=ad531c45-b79e-4696-9c51-e63fa9c70f8b

Perhaps you should start a new thread and tells us a little bit more about
your OS etc.

sbrotherton

Mar 6, 2009, 10:51:02 AM3/6/09
Actually the proper question is: If you are so sick of microsoft that you
question the price, why do you still buy it and why are you pumping out a
useless post that HELPS. NOBODY.

I tell you what, since you consider microsoft halfwitts, go fix it yourself
instead of waiting for microsoft to do it for you!

Go ahead! We're waiting on you to leave!

Now that we have that out of the way!
it's 3/6/09 and I encountered this error after .net framework 3.5 update.

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Mar 8, 2009, 4:31:00 AM3/8/09
sbrotherton wrote:

> Actually the proper question is: If you are so sick of microsoft that you
> question the price, why do you still buy it and why are you pumping out a
> useless post that HELPS. NOBODY.

Another good question would be why are you replying to a six-month old post? :-)

> Now that we have that out of the way!
> it's 3/6/09 and I encountered this error after .net framework 3.5 update.

Please start a new thread describing your issue.

Harry.