Outlook Express

Ken Brown

Jan 21, 2003, 4:17:35 AM1/21/03

Hi
Recently I have downloaded a few updates from Microsoft.
For the last week or two everytime I try to go online
with Outlook Express it comes up with a message." Outlook
Express has encountered a problem and needs to close. We
are sorry for the inconvenience." I have sent off an
arror report to Microsoft but meantime I have been using
Eudora to download my emails. I would appreciate it if
anybody has an idea to fix this problem. Thanks

Ken

Ian

Jan 28, 2003, 6:40:12 AM1/28/03
I am having a problem with Outlook Express... It won't
let me recieve attachments. I recieve the e-mail OK but
it won't allow me to open the attachment. It comes up
with the following message:
"OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in
your mail....."
I think this has happened since I have downloaded an
update but I'm not sure which one or if this is even the
problem..
Can someone please help as I'd love to be able to read my
e-mails.
Thanks

Albanygun

Jan 28, 2003, 9:07:00 AM1/28/03

"Ian" <henry...@froggy.com.au> wrote in message

Click on Tools, options, security, uncheck the "Do not allow
attachments....", click on apply, OK
When you updated, MS put this default in there for you.

Jean Watson

Jan 28, 2003, 11:39:42 AM1/28/03

Ian

I have had the same problem with Outlook Express 6 since
downloading it as a critical update with Internet Explorer
6 last week. I have discovered that by going into OE
Tools, Options,Security and removing the tick on "Do not
allow attachments to be saved or opened that could
potentially be a virus" I can then access the attachments,
but I get an Open Attachment Warning Dialog Box and when
selecting open it says I don't have the necessary
software/viewer which is the same as the previous version
of OE. As I have Norton Anti Virus software and the
system scan didn't show up anything either I didn't feel
doing the above was too risky, but I have put the tick
back and will decide what to do depending on the source of
the email.

Hope this helps

>.

Carol

Jan 28, 2003, 2:33:45 PM1/28/03

I had same problem. Solution was go to Microsoft Knowledge
Base Artice 329570 and it walks you thru it.
>.

Pete

Jan 28, 2003, 3:21:11 PM1/28/03
Hi, I see you have the same problem as me. Have you had
any luck in sorting it yet as I would love to be able to
read my attachments.
>.

Andy

Jan 28, 2003, 4:20:18 PM1/28/03

Downloaded OutlookExpress update last week which crashed
my PC. Now have a "working" PC but only OE 5 which will
now only run if online. Have tried going back to Windows
Update site but this throws up an 0x800B0004 error and
when investigated further I'm told that this applies to
WinXP and Win2000. I'm running Win98. Anyone got any
thoughts.

Thanks

Ian

Jan 29, 2003, 8:11:54 PM1/29/03

Hi Pete
This is what I recieved from Jean Watson and it fixed the
problem...

I have had the same problem with Outlook Express 6 since
downloading it as a critical update with Internet
Explorer
6 last week. I have discovered that by going into OE
Tools, Options,Security and removing the tick on "Do not
allow attachments to be saved or opened that could
potentially be a virus" I can then access the
attachments,
but I get an Open Attachment Warning Dialog Box and when
selecting open it says I don't have the necessary
software/viewer which is the same as the previous version
of OE. As I have Norton Anti Virus software and the
system scan didn't show up anything either I didn't feel
doing the above was too risky, but I have put the tick
back and will decide what to do depending on the source
of
the email.

Hope this helps

>.

Anne

Jan 31, 2003, 5:24:05 PM1/31/03

I keep getting an error message when I try to get into my
Outlook. It says msimn has caused an error in Kernel
32.DLL Msimn will now close. I can't send or receive
mail. I have spoken with half a dozen techs and was told
everything from reinstall my whole system to fixing
explore..which I did. Can anyone help?

Beth

Feb 2, 2003, 6:44:22 PM2/2/03

Since I reinstalled Windows Me, I keep getting message
saying Outlook Express could not be started because
MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. Anyone know how to fix this?

Franny Miller

Feb 5, 2003, 5:41:21 PM2/5/03
Why won't Outlook Express accept my password to use the
darn thing?. I tried everything that I know of, but to no
avail. Nothing i do will let me in.

Nancy Sallee

Feb 5, 2003, 7:00:00 PM2/5/03
I downloaded all of the critical updates recommended by
Microsoft, every since I downloaded them them I have had
problems with Outlook Express 6. Everytime I try to send
a message my computer locks up and I have to use the alt/
ctrl/delete and end task a couple of times and then I
loose my session, this takes me back to my home page and
logs me off of Outlook Express. This also happens when I
try to close Outlook Express. I can open, read, and write
messages ok this only happens when I try to send messages
or try to close Outlook Express.

Please send me a message and let me know what I can do to
fix it.

Thanks for your help,
Nancy Sallee

Liz

Feb 5, 2003, 9:26:56 PM2/5/03
I have Outlook Express 6. I can't open any links witin my
email (i.e. websites). I've gone to the "Support" page
and downloaded the suggested "Critical Updates," but still
can't open any links. Any suggestions? Thanks - Liz

Dan K

Feb 5, 2003, 10:39:11 PM2/5/03
Liz.. Which is it Attachments or links?
"Liz" <elde...@ameritech.net> wrote in message