error code 97

zeidi@discussions.microsoft.com stacie zeidi

Aug 30, 2009, 12:39:01 PM8/30/09
does anyone know how to fix this problem

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Aug 30, 2009, 1:18:07 PM8/30/09
what problem?

TaurArian

Aug 30, 2009, 11:08:01 PM8/30/09
error code 97

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Aug 31, 2009, 1:57:20 AM8/31/09
what problem?

TaurArian

Aug 31, 2009, 2:19:01 AM8/31/09

Presumably the problem is the error code 97.

Peter Foldes

Aug 31, 2009, 6:36:52 PM8/31/09
LOL. I would also like to know what error. I know it is Error 97 but what kind of
issue is causing this Error 97

I cannot find any documentation on this error anywhere. Maybe Mac or Blueberry or
whatever

--
Peter

"TaurArian" <taur...@gmailremove.com> wrote in message

Robert Aldwinckle

Sep 1, 2009, 1:31:24 AM9/1/09

"Peter Foldes" <ok...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uhvjRuoK...@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

> LOL. I would also like to know what error. I know it is Error 97 but what kind of
> issue is causing this Error 97
>
> I cannot find any documentation on this error anywhere. Maybe Mac or Blueberry or
> whatever

<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>net helpmsg 97
97 is not a valid Windows network message number.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3871.

E:\>set /a c = 0x97
151
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

The number of specified semaphore events for DosMuxSemWait is not correct.

</cmd_output>

Maybe hex instead of decimal? ; )

---

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Sep 1, 2009, 2:25:47 AM9/1/09
I don't get any error code. Do you?

TaurArian

Sep 1, 2009, 4:25:00 AM9/1/09
Nope.

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

:: I don't get any error code. Do you?

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Sep 1, 2009, 9:06:51 PM9/1/09
Robert Aldwinckle wrote:

> <cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
> E:\>net helpmsg 97
> 97 is not a valid Windows network message number.
>
> More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3871.
>

> E:\>set /a c = 0x97
> 151
> E:\>net helpmsg %c%
>
> The number of specified semaphore events for DosMuxSemWait is not correct.
>
> </cmd_output>

So where can we buy some extra semaphore events? Will Microsoft ship them to us?

Harry.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Sep 1, 2009, 9:18:33 PM9/1/09

Free from MSDN/TechNet but you'll have to supply the handles to put them
on...or the line to hang them from, as the case may be.

TaurArian

Sep 1, 2009, 11:24:01 PM9/1/09

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Free from MSDN/TechNet but you'll have to supply the handles to put them
> on...or the line to hang them from, as the case may be.

Is that a download or do you have to order the disk?

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Sep 2, 2009, 1:25:12 AM9/2/09

Just ping Sinofsky, he'll send them to you via Venutian mind-meld, assuming
he remembers to remove his tin foil beany.