Windows Update error code 64c

Shelby

Oct 17, 2009, 12:18:01 PM10/17/09
Has anyone encounter the following error on this recent update?

Using Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2

When trying to install the following Windows update the update fails with a
code 64c error (windows says this is an unknown error):

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)

Download size: 13.5 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

--
Shelby

Shelby

Oct 17, 2009, 12:26:01 PM10/17/09
Has anyone had this error when trying to install the updates from Tuesday
October 13, 2009?

running: Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2

When trying to install the following update the update fails with an error
code 64c (windows says this is an unknown error):

Robert Aldwinckle

Oct 17, 2009, 11:42:37 PM10/17/09

"Shelby" <She...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:307F7744-ABB0-4599...@microsoft.com...

> Has anyone encounter the following error on this recent update?
>
> Using Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2
>
> When trying to install the following Windows update the update fails with a

> code 64c error (windows says this is an unknown error):

<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>set /a c = 0x64C
1612
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.
</cmd_output>

Maybe just unexpected? ; )

---

Chris

Oct 18, 2009, 12:11:01 AM10/18/09
The same thing is going on in Vista Home Ultimate and can not get rid of the
notice.Tried installing it again and still get the same error message that
oes not help. Say's to check internet. Doesn't do any good getting an answer.

richard

Oct 23, 2009, 8:40:05 AM10/23/09
I've had the same problem with Vista Home Premium. No resolution yet.

stev1bp

Oct 23, 2009, 9:40:01 AM10/23/09
I am also having the same problem with vista home premium.

mikej

Oct 23, 2009, 10:34:08 PM10/23/09
I have the same problem with Vista Business. Would really like to get it
fixed!

PJ

Oct 26, 2009, 1:11:02 PM10/26/09

Same issues here.....Vista Home Premium.

TimF4

Oct 26, 2009, 1:15:01 PM10/26/09
Same problem with Windows Ultiumate (32 Bit)

hl

Oct 30, 2009, 1:51:02 PM10/30/09
I have the same problem with windows7 pro,and I have tried to
reinstall it several times but couldn't fix it, I had to hide this
update to prevent the installation everytime I shut down the computer.

Doug

Nov 5, 2009, 9:59:01 AM11/5/09
Same problem here with Vista Business.

cracky

Nov 8, 2009, 7:41:01 AM11/8/09
Have also this error since then, OS: Server 2008 R1

@discussions.microsoft.com Bernice

Jan 15, 2010, 8:10:26 PM1/15/10
Yest I have been having this same problem...with so many of us suffering this
MS glitch, why can't MICROSOFT give us the freaking solution?

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Jan 15, 2010, 11:15:30 PM1/15/10
On 2010-01-16 2:10 p.m., Bernice wrote:

> Yest I have been having this same problem...with so many of us suffering this
> MS glitch, why can't MICROSOFT give us the freaking solution?

Have you asked them to?

Try here:

<https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131>

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131

Support for security updates is free of charge for home users.

Harry.

--
"I wish that, just once, some terrorist would try something that you can only
foil by upgrading the passengers to first class and giving them free drinks."

Unhappy

Mar 23, 2010, 1:06:01 PM3/23/10

Unhappy

Mar 23, 2010, 1:08:01 PM3/23/10
Same problem here! Why is microsoft not helping us????

Michael

Mar 23, 2010, 1:52:11 PM3/23/10
Did you try contacting them? There are no Microsoft employees here, just
volunteers.
BTW, if you would like someone to help you start a new post instead of
replying to a dead one, stating your OS, SP#, 32 or 64bit, Antivirus and
error id.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"Unhappy" <Unh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Mar 23, 2010, 7:32:56 PM3/23/10
WTF are you smoking?

shet...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2014, 3:05:13 AM10/7/14
any one help me i get unknown error while updating sql server,visual studio 2005 service pack2

Super Nasty Man

Oct 7, 2014, 3:57:24 PM10/7/14

<shet...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> any one help me i get unknown error while updating sql server,visual
> studio 2005 service pack2

Wanna gag on the smell of my cock & balls?