Microsoft Update Error Code: 0x52F

David Christensen

Sep 24, 2005, 4:39:03 PM9/24/05
I installed Microsoft Update today. When I ran it, it downloaded five Office
updates, but failed on installation for all five. My Update History show
Status items as follows:

Installation Failure

Error Code: 0x52F
Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following
resources.

For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions
Find Solutions
Windows Update Newsgroup

For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for issues related to getting
updates)

Print | Close

I also tried running Office update. It said I needed four updates, and they
also failed. I tried installing each individually, without success. I tried
downloading and installing the larger versions individual, without success.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

David Christensen
dpch...@holgerdanske.com

bigking

Sep 28, 2005, 6:39:30 PM9/28/05

eberhard

Nov 8, 2005, 4:15:06 PM11/8/05
I had same problems with installing KB907417 and KB907492.
In that case the discribed procedure postet by bigking was succesful. Thanks.

do10hedron

Jul 20, 2006, 11:05:02 PM7/20/06
This method helped me as well after weeks of failing attempts. Thanks for
the information bigking.

damago

Sep 3, 2006, 5:28:01 PM9/3/06
The conditions with 0x52F occur especially when you did install office from
network path, or something like network path. This procedure worked for me.

law

Nov 9, 2008, 6:01:19 PM11/9/08

Bigking's solution worked like a charm for me!

thanks!

--
law
law's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/law.htm