Error 0x87FF054F while installing SP3

Mechmeat

May 8, 2008, 1:21:48 AM5/8/08

During installation of Service Pack 3 gets the message of internal error
and error code 0x87FF054F. In svcpack.log file I found the lines

Trying CheckVLKForBlock again
Error: CheckVLKForBlock failed

delied subkey
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00020420-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\InprocServer32
from registry but still not installing. The last lines from svcpack.log
are

172.375: Trying CheckVLKForBlock again
173.235: Error: CheckVLKForBlock failed
173.297: Inventory complete: ReturnStatus=536741199, 138531 ticks
173.344: Num Ticks for invent : 138594
175.578: UnRegisterSpuninstForRecovery, failed to delete
SpRecoverCmdLine value, error 0x2
175.578: DoInstallation: Failed to unregistering spuninst.exe for
recovery.
175.610: Internal error.
184.844: Update.exe extended error code = 0x1ffe054f

--
Mechmeat
Mechmeat's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48558

http://forums.techarena.in

TaurArian

May 8, 2008, 3:07:00 AM5/8/08
Error messages when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3: "Service
Pack 3 installation did not complete" and "An internal error occurred"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949384/

Mechmeat

May 8, 2008, 3:52:46 AM5/8/08

Tried that (cause 3) but it did not help.

TaurArian

May 8, 2008, 5:20:08 AM5/8/08
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131

Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows XP, but
only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid until April 14, 2009. For
more information about this policy, visit the Windows XP Support Lifecycle page located at
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223. Chat and e-mail support is available only
in the United States and Canada. For all other Windows XP issues, visit the Help and
Support site at http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173, and then choose
your product.

• US:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131

• CA:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11273&gprid=522131

• UK:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-uk&prid=11273&gprid=522131

• AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11273&gprid=522131

• Other:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173
select Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Mechmeat" <Mechmea...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

Zjaak

May 8, 2008, 7:41:53 PM5/8/08
On 8 mei, 11:20, "TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVEC...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gpr...

> Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows XP, but
> only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid until April 14, 2009. For
> more information about this policy, visit the Windows XP Support Lifecycle page located athttp://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223. Chat and e-mail support is available only

> in the United States and Canada. For all other Windows XP issues, visit the Help and
> Support site athttp://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173, and then choose
> your product.
>
> • US:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gpr...
>
> • CA:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11273&gpr...
>
> • UK:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-uk&prid=11273&gpr...
>
> • AU:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11273&gpr...

> • Other:http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173
> select Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Serviceshttp://taurarian.mvps.org

> ======================================
> How to ask a question:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
> "Mechmeat" <Mechmeat.393...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> | Tried that (cause 3) but it did not help.
> |

> | --
> | Mechmeat
> | ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> | Mechmeat's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48558
> | View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=963918
> |
> |http://forums.techarena.in

I've tried methot 2 but those registers are locked or something
because i can't change them. Neigher in safe mode.

TaurArian

May 8, 2008, 8:20:24 PM5/8/08

>"Zjaak" <Zja...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I've tried methot 2 but those registers are locked or something
>because i can't change them. Neigher in safe mode.

Perhaps see:

Error message when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3: "Access is denied" or
“Service Pack installation did not complete”
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

Method 3: Reset the registry and the file permissions

TanduayCris

Dec 27, 2008, 4:08:01 PM12/27/08
How i resolve this problem, internal error?? i need your help as soon as
possible