REPLRES.RLL Error Message

gkr...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2007, 9:33:17 AM9/13/07
I was recently having an error message about a corrupt SQL server. I
uninstalled part of the SQL package, and then ended up just disabling
SQL on startup. That fixed the SQL error message, but now when I
startup, I get an error that says "Cannot load resource
dll:REPLRES.RLL. The specific module could not be found." This also
pops up periodically while running the computer. I have tried
searching for a solution on the internet, but have not found anything.
If anyone knows of something I could try, I would greatly appreciate
the advice!
Thanks,
-Greg

Robert Aldwinckle

Sep 14, 2007, 4:56:35 PM9/14/07
<gkr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Find out what else you are starting, e.g. with msconfig or msinfo32
and see if stopping one of those items stops the symptom?
Otherwise run ProcMon (using its boot logging option if necessary)
to figure out what task is trying to load that module.
I suppose if the error is being logged in an event log you could try using
the Event Viewer too and probably get the same clue from it.

The DLL Help Database is giving an indication that it could have come
with Microsoft Office. Perhaps you should try repairing that product?
(E.g. to make Office--in particular any startup options it is using
aware of the change in the SQL configuration.)

http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/default.aspx?l=55&fid=114938

BTW this doesn't see to have anyting to do with Windows Update.
You would probably get more informed help from either an SQL
or an Office newsgroup.

> Thanks,
> -Greg

HTH