Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)

z28

Oct 26, 2005, 4:03:01 AM10/26/05
Hi the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) does not
download. Please help.

james

Oct 26, 2005, 5:03:11 AM10/26/05
Hi "z28" check page 55 9/5/2005, windows were unable to be success..... might
be of help, also try a general inquiry at top of page.
--
J.R.Green

Robert Aldwinckle

Oct 26, 2005, 9:09:26 AM10/26/05
"james" <ja...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06186FDA-DF44-49D2...@microsoft.com...

> Hi "z28" check page 55 9/5/2005, windows were unable to be success..... might
> be of help, also try a general inquiry at top of page.

james,

Page numbers are constantly changing as new threads are started;
so they don't provide a very clear reference to people you are trying
to help. That's why the CopyURL button is there. E.g. assuming you
had open the post you are trying to reference, you could have clicked
its CopyURL icon and then pasted the post's URL directly into your reply.

Thanks for helping.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

james

Oct 26, 2005, 9:33:08 AM10/26/05
To Robert, I cqnnot see a copyURL icon, where is it please. I also realised
the page numbers changed and included a date published. thanks for the
message about the icon
--
J.R.Green

Robert Aldwinckle

Oct 26, 2005, 5:44:55 PM10/26/05

> To Robert, I cqnnot see a copyURL icon, where is it please. I also realised
> the page numbers changed and included a date published. thanks for the
> message about the icon

It's the one beside the print post icon. It's tooltip and Status bar message
clearly identify it when you position your pointer over it but another way
to discover it is to use the Help ;o and do a find for copy.
Note that the icons in the help are just images without any tooltip, etc.

In other formats (e.g. in a full thread list when you doubleclick on a post)
the same icon can be found at the bottom of the post.

FYI

Robert
---

james

Oct 27, 2005, 3:04:02 AM10/27/05
To Robert Thank you another thing I have learnt. thanks again james
--
J.R.Green

Shaun

Feb 8, 2006, 4:46:47 PM2/8/06
So how about you posting the url arealdy james...some people are just......

Shaun

Feb 8, 2006, 4:56:29 PM2/8/06
Microsoft Solution provided by another User:

If the WGA issue occurred when the Windows system has been activated, it was
likely caused by one of
the following factors:

1. A security program running background prevents the validation tool from
running properly.
2. The WGA engine was not installed or running properly.

We can take the following steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

Step 1: Disable the security programs temporarily
==========================
The following programs can prevent the validation tool from running
properly. I suggest we disable
them temporarily to test the issue:

Norton Security programs
Panda Antivirus programs
Web Accelarator programs
Anti-Spyware programs

If any of the above programs cause the issue, please check if it can be
re-configured to accept the
WGA ActiveX control. Otherwise, please temporarily disabled to enable the
WGA validation tool.
However, please re-enable the application after we complete the
troubleshooting steps.

Step 2: Install the WGA engine manually
==========================
The WGA engine may have been already installed but is not working properly.
We can use the following
steps to reinstall it. This will ensure the engine files be copied and
registered properly.

1. Download the ActiveX cab file from the following link and then save it to
the Desktop.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/c/f/acfe4666-1faf-43fd-b6fb-19191521126d/LegitCheckControl.cab

Open the downloaded cab file and we will find the following three files:

GWFSPIDGen.dll
LegitCheckControl.dll
LegitCheckControl.inf

2. Click "Start", click "Run", type: "%windir%\system32" (without
quotations) and press Enter. Copy
the GWFSPIDGen.dll and LegitCheckControl.dll files into the opened system32
folder.

3. Click "Start", click "Run", type: "REGSVR32 LegitCheckControl.dll"
(without the quotations) and
press Enter. We will see a popup message state this process succeeded.

4. Click "Start", click "Run", type: "inf" (without quotations) and press
Enter. Copy the
LegitCheckControl.inf file into the opened inf folder.

5. Right click on the copied LegitCheckControl.inf file in the inf folder,
and then choose Install.
The WGA engine will be installed automatically.

After we finish the above steps, please restart the computer and try to
validate the Windows again.

Robert

Nov 27, 2006, 4:28:01 PM11/27/06
Shaun:

Thankyou for posting the step-by-step instructions for manuually installing
the WGA engine as this worked like a charm.

Robert

Gil Tennant @ dot

Aug 23, 2008, 1:44:00 AM8/23/08
Okay. I followed the instructions you presented, above, TWICE, and each time
that I went back to Windows Update, it wanted me to install the GAVtool, and
failed.

I, too, had to perform a recent in-place repair of Windows, as the
Motherboard and CPU was changed, due to a previous board problem.

This DIDN'T work for me, I'm sorry to say...

Anything else to try?

XP SP2 here, on a Gigabyte board with AMD 1800 CPU.
--
Gil Tennant
Lead Astronomer

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Aug 23, 2008, 2:40:35 AM8/23/08
CrystalBall© sez...

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

NB: Ignore the title, if necessary; also applies to Upgrade installs, and
Recovery installs.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Gil Tennant wrote:
> Okay. I followed the instructions you presented, above, TWICE, and each
> time
> that I went back to Windows Update, it wanted me to install the GAVtool,
> and
> failed.
>
> I, too, had to perform a recent in-place repair of Windows, as the
> Motherboard and CPU was changed, due to a previous board problem.
>
> This DIDN'T work for me, I'm sorry to say...
>
> Anything else to try?
>
> XP SP2 here, on a Gigabyte board with AMD 1800 CPU.

Stefan Kanthak

Aug 23, 2008, 3:08:08 PM8/23/08
"Gil Tennant" <gtennant (@) rogers (dot) com> wrote:

Your address is wrong! If you want future answers from me: correct it.
And: please stop top posting!

> Okay. I followed the instructions you presented, above, TWICE, and each time
> that I went back to Windows Update, it wanted me to install the GAVtool, and
> failed.

No wonder!
The URL points to a rather outdated legitcheckcontrol.cab, last modified
"Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:58:59 GMT" (according to the HTTP response).

Retrieve the current legitcheckcontrol.cab either from
<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204>
(Version 1.7.69.2, last modified "Fri, 21 Mar 2008 01:24:51 GMT") or
better get the KB892130-ENU-x86.exe directly from
<http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/crup/2008/04/windowsxp-kb892130-enu-x86_72e487d115be77f49f64053893
a23ecb58bc59cb.exe>
and install this patch manually.

Stefan

[ way to long signature removed ]

budiman

Dec 6, 2009, 7:06:01 AM12/6/09

whare i cant download

Michael

Dec 6, 2009, 9:20:44 AM12/6/09
"budiman" <bud...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> whare i cant download
> Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)

Huh???
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Dec 6, 2009, 11:14:25 AM12/6/09
KB892130 is not Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications tool.