Vista Sp1 Error 80010108

Mikkel

Apr 21, 2008, 4:16:00 AM4/21/08
pls help me, when i try to install servicepack 1 for vista i get errormessage
80010108, and then the system restores back to normal. i tryed 3 times and
its the same each time.. i cant find any help when seaching the web...

MowGreen [MVP]

Apr 21, 2008, 2:14:41 PM4/21/08
80010108 RPC_E_Disconnected
The mounted file system does not support extended attributes

> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no charge until March 18, 2009.
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&x=8&y=6&prid=11274&gprid=500921

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 21, 2008, 2:00:21 PM4/21/08
Did Windows Update offer Vista SP1 or did you attempt to install it
manually?

(if any)?
================

Self-help references:

Error message when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
"Installation was not successful" or "An internal error occurred while
installing the service pack"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366

The update is not installed successfully, you receive a message, and the
computer restarts when you try to install an update in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09
• US:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11274&gprid=500921
• CA:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11274&gprid=500921
• UK:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11274&gprid=500921
• AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11274&gprid=500921
• Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Guy@discussions.microsoft.com Olygirl Guy

Oct 4, 2009, 12:04:01 PM10/4/09
I'm having the same error code and there isn't a thing out there I could find
either to fix the problem. I think I'm going to have to spend the next three
weeks replacing and installing the operating system in order to fix this,
only it'll most likely happen again. The only thing I can think of is that
maybe there was a problem with the FDisk when I first installed which is
preventing update from working or I downloaded one of MS's wonderful updates
that are supposed to be installed by itself and was installed with other
updates which happens a little too often which is another reason why I keep a
Linux / Unix operating system on my other computer in case this happens and I
have to spend the next three weeks trying to figure this out.

I read and tried every single thing offered out there on hundreds of forums
and there's absolutely nothing about this error code 80010108. Another bug
created by MS or a rare thing?

PA