Error Code 80070103

Ginnie

Jun 5, 2007, 12:04:02 PM6/5/07
For the past week, Windows Update has attempted each day to install a new
update. It's the HP Other Hardware HP Photosmart C4100 Series (DOT4USB). It
always ends in failure with the above error code. I keep getting the icon in
my system tray that there are new updates available. In looking for help to
find info on this error code, one said this update may be trying to install a
driver that is not as up-to-date as the one I have installed.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, how did you resolve it?

Timothy

Jun 5, 2007, 12:13:01 PM6/5/07
Hello!
I have the same problem (Errir Code) with my Hewlett-Packard- Other
Hardware- HP Deskjet 5400 Series (DOT4USB).
Does it just go away?
Tim

TaurArian

Jun 5, 2007, 8:30:00 PM6/5/07
Visit the HP site to see if there is an updated driver for your equipment and
get the update from there.
Hide the update that is being automatically offered by WU if it doesn't go
away after obtaining any updates you require from the HP site.

cbh

Jun 6, 2007, 7:52:02 AM6/6/07

At the risk of just adding a "me too," I have the same problem which appears
to have just started in June 2007. I've had Vista installed on this new
machine for a little over a month and it updated fine until this week. It's
not an HP machine, however, its a Velocity Micro. Updates fail using
automatic service, IE, and the control panel. The Windows Defender likewise
couldn't update but by some unknown method it started working this morning.

A Google and Windows Update database search came up empty for this error code.

As

Jun 10, 2007, 1:10:00 PM6/10/07
I have an HP LaserJet 3055. It was installed and working perfectly well until
I loaded Vista on my machine. HP are still not listing a Vista driver for
this on their website, telling users to use the generic fax and scan function
from MS. I get the above error code when I try to install this patch, and if
the 3055 is disconnected I get another saying that the device must be
connected. When I look in the temp windows install directory, there are only
two directories created - a W2k and an XP directory - nothing for Vista.
Looks to me like MS need to fix this.

"GWL" wrote:

> I too have tried for the past three days and get the same error.

flamelady

Jul 7, 2007, 1:44:00 PM7/7/07

flamelady

Jul 7, 2007, 2:04:04 PM7/7/07
I see there are several of us with a common problem: HP printers. I get the
same error message each time so that is a given. My HP is the Photosmart 8250
but with a duplexer on it. I am still not completely sure that the driver in
question is for the printer or the duplexer since I had the whole setup
before I went to Vista at the end of January. Do any of you have the duplexer
too? Or is that ruled out on this thread.

realcestmoi

Jul 8, 2007, 1:35:24 AM7/8/07
Hi there,

Taking drivers from Windows update is not a good idea unless you like
problems, if a driver is needeed because the hardware is not working well
than get it at the manufacturers website in his case HP.

If the hardware works well than leave it be working well.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"flamelady" <flam...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Vagapov@discussions.microsoft.com Farid Vagapov

Jul 8, 2007, 2:40:01 AM7/8/07
I've found this note on HP site:

NOTE: If your printer currently uses either a PCL5, PCL6 or PostScript XP
driver, you may download the current XP driver from HP to provide printing
functionality. Windows Vista printing is very similar to Windows XP and most
print drivers supported in XP environment for LaserJet printers may also work
in the Windows Vista operating system.

It's helped me with my Laserjet 1010

LJ

Aug 1, 2007, 5:02:07 PM8/1/07

"Ginnie" wrote:

Apparently many HP owners suffer the same problem. I found the answer
posted in this discussion group. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". When
Vista first came out; to the best of my knowledge, it was not compatible with
many HP products (or my HP Photosmart 7660). I was very upset since my
printer was in good shape and fairly spendy, but of no use to me. Now,
Windows Vista has fixed that problem and after 3 months of using my old, slow
printer I have reinstalled my HP 7600. If this is the only problem I have
now (unable to update, but runs fine) then I'm happy. Someone suggested
hiding the update to get rid of it, is their any other way? I can't seem to
delete it, although I haven't tried very hard. Good Luck.
LJ

Keith

Sep 6, 2007, 1:16:01 PM9/6/07
Ginnie, I see the same update offered and I don't see any way to hide it.
I've hidden XP updates in the past but the Vista update page seems different.
This Vista update offers no useful information re what driver version. It is
simpy dated June whilst the Vista drivers for my C4180 at HP's site are dated
March. So a person might think MS has some important newer file to apply.
It's a very weak offering with no useful information and seemingly no way to
hide. And I suspect there's a strong chance applying that file to a working
AIO would hose it. Best of luck

MikeySF

Oct 18, 2007, 8:39:00 PM10/18/07
"Now,
> Windows Vista has fixed that problem and after 3 months of using my old, slow
> printer I have reinstalled my HP 7600"....

How did Vista fix the problem? Did you use an alternate driver?

Sudough Geek

Nov 17, 2007, 1:09:04 PM11/17/07
I have the same HP8250 printer without the duplexer, and I am getting the
same error code. I think, since the printer is working fine, I will just
hide the update.

error code@discussions.microsoft.com Bob error code

Apr 12, 2008, 11:17:00 PM4/12/08
"Bob" wrote:

I keep getting an **ERROR CODE No 80070103** I have tried several times to
download this update:

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset
Family.

Can anybody help me please?

Bob

TaurArian

Apr 13, 2008, 2:43:49 AM4/13/08
The driver you are trying to install is already installed or the driver that you're trying
to install is an older driver than the one you have already.
All drivers should be obtained from the manufacturer's site rather than from Windows
Update.

Windows Update error 80070103
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/e5f5a9a7-dfeb-46c4-4345-ce26afedabcd1033.mspx

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Bob error code" <Bob error co...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message