TCP/IP CP error 718 can anyone help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Sep 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/26/99
I have NT 4.0 service pack 5, running MS Proxy 2.0 service pack 1.......
when server connects to ISP verifies password and then hangs up modem with
"TCP/IP CP 718 PPP error server response timed out"
I am sure now that its a IP problem but if any one can help thanks.

Tariq Masood Syed

Sep 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/27/99
Check for password authentication mode. If your ISP accepts only Clear text
password authentication, then you should check the Security tab of your
Dial-up connection properties. Make sure it's set to Clear Text and not
Encrypted or NT Challenge/Response.

--
Tariq Masood Syed
MCP