ARCSERVE

Etienne Pouliot

Apr 25, 2001, 9:30:10 AM4/25/01
HI!

I'm using ARCserve 6.5 under my NT4 server. I always gets the following
error in the log of the backup :
E6096 Media Error [ABSL:1030 CMD:Ah]
W3074 WINDISK needs to be run to generate DR Information. (MACHINE=NT4-2)

What does it mean ??? How can I solve this problem ?

Etienne

James Eddy

May 2, 2001, 7:15:21 PM5/2/01
Have you checked the cai tech support KB?

You've got 2 separate problems here.

I believe the Media Error indicates either: bad tape media (replace the
tape.); you need to clean the tape drive heads (run the cleaning tape). On
a DLT there is a light which also come on to call for a tape head cleaning.

The Windisk message can be can probably be ignored unless you are using
cai's Disaster Recovery (DR) software. If you want to be thorough, and
remove the error, I believe the Windisk referred to is actually Disk
Administrator (DA). You have to save the DA configuration info and Arcserve
later reads and saves a copy.
Jim Eddy

Etienne Pouliot <etienne...@hotmail.com> wrote in message