WMP Error: 438: Unknown error occurred when storing your license.

sharpgwx

Feb 14, 2009, 1:12:01 PM2/14/09
I get this message when trying to download a music licenses. I am running XP
and WMP 11.0.5721.5230. I have set up this PC with a handful of user id's,
most point the the shared documents for music ripped from cd's.

mammadfar

Apr 7, 2010, 4:38:03 AM4/7/10
I have a problem with my wma music files and I can not play them im my new windows media player.
When I want to download the licenses error 438 was applied and licenses were not download.
Help me please

sharpgw wrote:

WMP Error: 438: Unknown error occurred when storing your license.
14-Feb-09

I get this message when trying to download a music licenses. I am running XP
and WMP 11.0.5721.5230. I have set up this PC with a handful of user id's,
most point the the shared documents for music ripped from cd's.

On Saturday, February 14, 2009 1:12 PM
sharpgw wrote:

WMP Error: 438: Unknown error occurred when storing your license.

I get this message when trying to download a music licenses. I am running XP
and WMP 11.0.5721.5230. I have set up this PC with a handful of user id's,
most point the the shared documents for music ripped from cd's.

On Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:45 PM
paul hartley wrote:

error 438
yo...................easy sorted..........switch on active x controls in internet explorer....

SharePoint Video Library Template Available For Download
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/223c6e57-f81f-44b3-ab05-5995f2b0ab63/sharepoint-video-library.aspx

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

Apr 11, 2010, 6:38:04 PM4/11/10
'Error 438' is not an error message coming directly from windows media
player - they usually have error codes with 8 digits/letters with or
without a preceding '0x', such as 0x800420FC for example

This means the error message is coming from the website of the license
provider for the track. You would want to contact the music supplier
and ask for their help on this issue.

As a secondary check, close both WMP and all web browsers then head to
this web page in a single copy of IE browser :

http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp

If the Upgrade button is greyed out, or you cannot click it and
receive an update message, it's possible your license storage is
broken.

To fix that, carefully follow each step on this page under 'Resolution
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925705 to delete or replace the DRM
folder, then repeat the Indivsite steps above, then re-test your music
HTH
Cheers - Neil

Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs