Error Message C00D1169

Jas Singh

Dec 16, 2004, 12:05:05 PM12/16/04

I'm using WMP 9 on Windows XP. I've tried to play a DVD and I get the error
C00D1169 with the following text:

'Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because the disc prohibits
playback in your region of the world. To play the disc by using the Player,
you must obtain a disc that is intended for your geographic region.'

I have checked my current region coding which is currently set to region 2,
the problem is that the DVD that I'm trying to play is also region 2 - so I
can't understand why I would receive this message??

I am a UK resident which is a region 2 zone.

Please help
--
Thanks,
Jas

Rosenberg@discussions.microsoft.com John Rosenberg

Jun 21, 2005, 4:06:03 PM6/21/05

jdeschen

Sep 29, 2009, 1:36:08 PM9/29/09
If the video / vob / mpg you are playing is on an ext hard drive, share the
drive and give everyone access, that will stop WMP from saying wrong region.

If the video / vob / mpg is on an internal hard drive, do the same. It has
something to do with the security on vista and XP

Havent tried this, but try running WMP as Admin by right clicking over it
and clicking "Run as Admin.." then open the video / vob / mpg from within wmp
by using the File Open Menu's

jdeschen