Error C00D10D2 on Windows Media Player

piki

Jul 14, 2007, 2:38:02 PM7/14/07
When I try to rip a cd it says "Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more
tracks from the cd" [close] [web help]. I choose web help then I choose
"Technical Details" and it reads, "Original error code-C00D10D0" "original
error message-Windows Media Player cannot rip CD because a valid rip location
cannot be created" Media Player was working fine until I upgraded from xp to
Vista, thats when it all started. If any one could help please!

greg

Aug 9, 2007, 3:24:02 PM8/9/07
hallo piki, i have the same problem, i dont find nothing yet

CritterGitter

Oct 8, 2008, 7:38:43 PM10/8/08

I cannot RIP CD's and I don't have a Vista yet. I too get the same code
as Piki and Greg. (> When I try to rip a cd it says "Windows Media

Player cannot rip one or more
> tracks from the cd" [close] [web help]. I choose web help then I
choose
> "Technical Details" and it reads, "Original error code-C00D10D0"
"original
> error message-Windows Media Player cannot rip CD because a valid rip
location cannot be created" Media Player was working fine until I
upgraded from xp to Vista, thats when it all started. If any one could
help please!)

I have been trying to RIP with My Zune and I have not had any luck
with this Zune! I have deleted everuthing on it started over and it
still will not allow me to add a play list to it. It keeps telling me
that the Play list name is "invalid". No matter what I use for a name it
rejects it. Any help would be appreciated

--
CritterGitter
CritterGitter's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/crittergitter.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

H@discussions.microsoft.com Dave H

Feb 2, 2009, 4:11:00 PM2/2/09

"CritterGitter" wrote:

> Hi, I don't know if you resolved this issue, but - I googled the same error message and came across your post, I have a Zune 120 and have the same problem, it used to rip cd's, I found the problem was that the monitored folder that I had allocated for the Zune software (which was an external hard drive) had become detached and didn't show in 'my computer' The reason was the power supply, I plugged it back in and the problem was solved. So I would say that you shopuld re-check your monitored folder in 'settings' in the Zune software. Hope this has been of help to you. Best of luck!

Dave

Alan78759

Nov 11, 2009, 1:11:07 PM11/11/09

I noticed this error C00D10D2 when I changed from 192kbps to 128. I
changed it back to 192 and it works fine. I guess the old 128kbps is no
longer acceptable to the almighty Microsoft.

--
Alan78759
Alan78759's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153937.htm

Panzy

Nov 11, 2009, 6:19:04 PM11/11/09

"Alan78759" <Alan7875...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
You posted a reply to a thread in a web forum, the thread
consists of 5 posts, started 18 months ago and the last being
8 months ago, being the one you replied to.
Your reply is meaningless and totally irelevent to the actual thread
which was about failure to rip to an invalid location.

A search in the KB on that error code produced this result:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?mode=a&query=C00D10D2&spid=global&catalog=LCID%3D2057&2057comm=1&res=20

Which led to this solution dated from july:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistamedia/thread/8d8ccf1b-6959-4844-8aa3-3aac7d9efa1a

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

Nov 12, 2009, 4:37:35 PM11/12/09
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:41:07 +0530, Alan78759
<Alan7875...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>I noticed this error C00D10D2 when I changed from 192kbps to 128. I
>changed it back to 192 and it works fine. I guess the old 128kbps is no
>longer acceptable to the almighty Microsoft.

Not exaclty - if it's MP3 audio files, it could be related to the
LowRateSample setting : http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#mp3encode

Check the question for WMP10 listed as "Q: I am using WMP10 and cannot
encode to MP3 (specifically MP3 at 128kbps)"

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs