Activesync - "unable to load device side components"

Silver

Mar 17, 2010, 1:20:09 PM3/17/10
This was annoying me this morning.

I use Win 7 x64 and CE6. It occurs to me that I have never run the CETK in
this setup - when I tried I got some cryptic message "unable to load device
side components" (actually it means cannot find them on the hard drive)
whenever I tried the test the activesync connection in the CETK.

This is for an ARM target, but the same rules apply for others I suspect.

If you came across this do the following:

Create a copy af the armv4i dir as armv4:
mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Windows CE
Tools\Platman\target\wce600\armV4" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common
Files\microsoft shared\Windows CE Tools\Platman\target\wce600\armV4i"

And copy the shared files to the path for PB:
mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Windows CE Tools"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Windows CE Tools"

That should fix you up.

Regards,
Geoff