Device Emulator unable to start because current VMID is already in use

Oliver Kuhn

Sep 7, 2008, 4:45:30 AM9/7/08

I want to start the ARM Device Emulator vor Windows Embedded CE 6.0.
Unfortunately, Visual Studio says: "Error: The current VMID is in use.
Wait for the other application to exit."

This is really weird because I know it worked before.

Has anybody else experienced this problem and can provide a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce Eitman [eMVP]

Sep 7, 2008, 12:02:20 PM9/7/08
Did you try killing the emulator that is still running, or just restart your
PC?

--
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer

EuroTech Inc.
www.EuroTech.com

"Oliver Kuhn" <olli...@t-online.de> wrote in message

Oliver Kuhn

Sep 7, 2008, 3:18:27 PM9/7/08
Bruce Eitman [eMVP] schrieb:

> Did you try killing the emulator that is still running, or just restart your
> PC?

Hey, thanks for the answer.

Yes, I tried both. The problem still exists. If I add a new device, and
use this one for loading the nk.bin in the emulator, it works fine. But
only for the first time. The second time I want to use this device
again, I got the same error.

Any more suggestions?

adir...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2014, 12:38:03 AM6/29/14
It worked for me by just killing the Device Emulator service from Task Manager, TQ very much!