Error: failed PB timebomb check

Don

Jul 11, 2007, 10:44:01 AM7/11/07

I am trying to build an image for Window CE 6. When I do a sysgen i get the
following error Error:

failed PB timebomb check

What does it mean? How do I correct it?
--
Don

Francesco Pellegrino

Jul 11, 2007, 11:44:07 AM7/11/07
Is your a trial version? I think your license is expired...

Don

Jul 11, 2007, 11:54:03 AM7/11/07
Hi Francesco,

I think you are right. What do I have to do to get a proper license?
--
Don

Francesco Pellegrino

Jul 11, 2007, 12:02:03 PM7/11/07
I think you have to buy one and reinstall platform builder...

Don

Jul 11, 2007, 12:08:00 PM7/11/07

Do you know where there is a link where I can purchase it?

Francesco Pellegrino

Jul 11, 2007, 12:20:02 PM7/11/07
Look for in the internet.... The first I found is this:

http://store.bsquare.com/catalog/index.cfm?fuseaction=product&theParentId=-1&id=2545

Bye

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Jul 11, 2007, 12:27:02 PM7/11/07
You can also uninstall and reinstall the evaluation edition (at least that
was true of the CE4.2 and 5.0 evaluations). It's a pain and, if you are
planning to build a real device, it makes sense to buy the full version, but
reinstalling the evaluation can get you going again while you wait for your
package of DVDs to arrive...

Paul T.

"Don" <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Don

Jul 11, 2007, 2:12:03 PM7/11/07
Hi Paul,

Is there a procedure for uninstalling and reinstalling?
Like:

Step 1. Uninstall 6.0 from Control Panel Add Remove Programs
Step 2. Delete the WinCE600 directory
Step 3. Reinstall 6.0 eval
Step 4. Reinstall all the updates

Does this sound about right?
--
Don

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Jul 11, 2007, 2:21:21 PM7/11/07
You don't have to delete anything. Leave the source where it was. Just
uninstall and reinstall the PB piece itself. I think that you can ignore
the updates, too, but you might want to somehow 'mark' one or more of the
updated files and then, after the reinstall, see if they fell back to 6.0 or
if they're still the modified versions. If it were me, I'd probably just
forget about the updates, whether they need to be reinstalled or not, until
I got the full version, since you're going to have to do this all again when
your package of DVDs arrives...

Paul T.

"Don" <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Steve Maillet (MVP)

Jul 11, 2007, 11:14:19 PM7/11/07
>if you are planning to build a real device, it makes sense to buy the full
>version,

It's actually mandatory. You can't actually purchase run-time licenses
without owning a fully licensed copy of PB