Failed to connect the Drop-in CPU database ?

Srinivasa Deevi

Jul 27, 2004, 12:05:32 PM7/27/04
Hi all

I am getting this error after installing Windows CE 4.2 evaluation version .
What should I do ? Does anybody know why this error comes ?

Thanks for the help.
Sri

Sujith

Jul 28, 2004, 12:23:40 AM7/28/04
hi,
which error you are trying to point out.
there is no description given.
Regards
Sujith
"Srinivasa Deevi" <sde...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Srinivasa Deevi

Jul 28, 2004, 12:21:30 PM7/28/04
Hi

Thanks for the reply . Sorry for the confusion.

It is "Failed to Connect the Drop-in CPU database "
When I start Platform builder I get the above message .
It also came after installing CE 4.2 evaluation version . Although it
completed the installation properly after clicking OK to the error message .
But I could never this platform builder work .

thanks for the help.

Sri

"Sujith" <suji...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Steve Maillet (eMVP)

Aug 3, 2004, 5:14:57 PM8/3/04
Are you running with admin rights on the machine?

--
Steve Maillet (eMVP)
smaillet at EmbeddedFusion dot com

Srinivasa Deevi

Aug 10, 2004, 3:04:09 PM8/10/04
After I reformatted the hard disk and when I installed freshly the problem
has gone. It looks like some registry or something is corrupted before. So
if you have problem I think it may be a good idea to start from fresh.

Hope this helps somebody.

Sri

"Steve Maillet (eMVP)" <nos...@EntelechyConsulting.com> wrote in message

Chuck Zalinski

Aug 10, 2004, 5:38:27 PM8/10/04
Sorry you had to reformat.
There is a simpler solution to the problem.
What happened is that there were left-over registry settings for Platform
Builder that are not removed on uninstall.
They are HKEY Current User settings that are copied from the HKEY Local
Machine settings when you first run PB.
One is a registry setting that points to the CPU database. If you
re-install your personal settings are still around and it uses those
instead.
If you happened to choose the same location for the install, no problem.
Otherwise, this is the problem that you get.

To fix. Run regedit and go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Platform Builder

Delete the entire 5.00 sub key.
These will be re-created the next time you run the IDE using the versions
found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which should be correct.