The module “regsvr32 initpki.dll ” failed to load.

jomuir

Aug 22, 2007, 3:50:01 AM8/22/07
Hello,

I have a new pc with Vista Home Premium installed (old pc running Windows
XP, with same router and modem does not have this issue). Windows Vista
Firewall with IM down as an exception. I go into Tools/Options/Connections
and I get an error message:- "You are connected to the internet through a
UPnP port restricted NAT. The Windows Firewall is enabled. *User*"

I have no option to run the trouble shooter *greyed out*......please advise,
not sure if it is Vista or this version of Windows Live Messenger that I have
downloaded, but it is the same version I have on my old pc running Windows XP.

I contacted support via email and they informed me to do some things – but
did not have a return email address or inform you what to do it you get error
messages, I was told to:-

8. Reregister the security .dll files:
Windows Vista
a. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click
Command Prompt.
b. Click Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
type the password, or click Continue.
c. Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command line.
Note: after each command runs successfully, you receive a "DllRegisterServer
succeeded" message. Wait until you receive this message before you type the
next command.
. regsvr32 softpub.dll
. regsvr32 wintrust.dll
. regsvr32 initpki.dll
. regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
. regsvr32 mssip32.dll
. regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
. regsvr32 dssenh.dll
. regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
. regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
. regsvr32 sccbase.dll

However I got 4 errors doing this:-
The module “regsvr32 initpki.dll ” failed to load.
The module “regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll ” failed to load.
The module “regsvr32 slbcsp.dll ” failed to load.
The module “regsvr32 sccbase.dll ” failed to load.

Can you help?

dean-dean

Aug 22, 2007, 1:08:17 PM8/22/07
The files initpki.dll, gpkcsp.dll, slbcsp.dll, and sccbase.dll don't exist
in Vista, which is why you would be getting those errors. (They do exist
for Windows XP).

I'm not clear as to your Windows Live Messenger problem, but, for example,
see:
http://www.castlecops.com/postitle15487-0-0-.html or
http://ask-leo.com/why_cant_i_have_an_audio_conversation_using_msn_messenger.html

More:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=UPnP+port+restricted+NAT+Messenger&btnG=Search

"jomuir" <jom...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

jomuir

Aug 22, 2007, 2:02:00 PM8/22/07
Inital setup on a new pc with Vista Home Premium installed (old pc running
Windows XP, with same router and modem does not have this issue). Windows
Vista Firewall with IM down as an exception. I go into
Tools/Options/Connections and I get an error message:- "You are connected to
the internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT. The Windows Firewall is
enabled. (User)"

I have no option to run the troubleshooter (greyed out)......please advise,

not sure if it is Vista or this version of Windows Live Messenger that I have
downloaded, but it is the same version I have on my old pc running Windows XP

- which runs with no issues.

I have installed a Media server software and have to reset the port it uses
every time as it is always stating that it is blocked – I have installed this
since I set up Windows Live and requested help via email.

I am beginning to thing this is an issue with Vista Home Premium – Should I
try running the Repair?

jomuir

Aug 22, 2007, 2:48:01 PM8/22/07
Sorry - I will start a new post with the correct details since The module
“regsvr32 initpki.dll ” failed to load. does not describe my problem.

Thank you for clearing that part up!!