The message could not be sent. There is not enough memory-

Gunny

Sep 19, 2007, 4:04:04 AM9/19/07
Hey there. I just recorded a short video message and try to send it to my
brother'e gmail account and I keep getting the above message!

The video ext is an .AVI (187mb)

Any ideas?
--
Guns

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Sep 19, 2007, 7:24:02 AM9/19/07
"Gunny" <Gu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

How big a message will your ISP allow? Most have a limit of 2 to 10 MB.
Some smaller. Do you have a Web site you could upload it to and then send
him a link?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

Gunny

Sep 19, 2007, 12:18:03 PM9/19/07
Thanks! I didn't realize that. I use netzero.com as my ISP. I was hoping
just to send it through there.

Thanks for such a quick response

--
Guns

fhubbardsr

Oct 4, 2007, 12:35:01 AM10/4/07

TFAB

Oct 10, 2007, 7:26:01 PM10/10/07
Frank- same thing..anytime i try to attach a video i cant send...says not
enough memory...i never had this problem before Vista...I'm with Time Warner
Road Runner...I cannot imagine that is it because before i got Vista I could
send all the videos I want...where do I start? Please help!

Dave

Oct 10, 2007, 8:53:50 PM10/10/07
How big is your video file?

"TFAB" <TF...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

cptrohn

Dec 27, 2007, 9:17:00 PM12/27/07

"Gunny" wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. I recently bought a web cam and tried to
send a small video and got the same message... I'd realy like to know what
the problem is as well.

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Dec 28, 2007, 7:54:18 AM12/28/07

"cptrohn" <cpt...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

The message is probably larger than your email provider's limit on how
large an outgoing email can be. Ask them what it is.

rodsere

Dec 31, 2007, 10:21:23 PM12/31/07
i attached a video to a e-mail going to my uncle but it kept saying 'the
message could not be sent. there is not enough memory

network

Dec 31, 2007, 11:34:01 PM12/31/07
I would Like my prescrspion seent to my home adress

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Jan 1, 2008, 8:42:54 AM1/1/08
187mb is more than the message size limit many email providers
have for outgoing email. You may have to upload it to a web site
offering storage for videos and send your uncle a pointer to help
him find it.

"rodsere" <rod...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

MicrosoftGeek96

Jan 15, 2008, 2:38:01 AM1/15/08
Hi. I see I'm not the only one with this problem. Me and my brother make
family videos for fun, and we can't send videos over a certain MB size. Why
is this? Just the other day I tried to email a video (size 702MB) and a
message came up saying "Not enough Memory." Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
Nick.

MicrosoftGeek96

syrandel

Jan 15, 2008, 5:58:36 AM1/15/08
All the mail box providers have limits.
The limits for attachments go between 2MB and 10MB for the ones I know.
They must prevent too large emails because they don't have unlimited storage
capacities.
A way to exchange videos is to upload them on a web site and send a link to
it by email.
Although uploading 720MB can take a while.
Good luck!

"MicrosoftGeek96" <Microso...@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans
le message de news:B3624E9D-9691-4A1F...@microsoft.com...

skerley

Jan 15, 2008, 2:31:01 PM1/15/08
You say to upload the video to a website and send the link, how do I do that?

Dave

Jan 15, 2008, 3:28:23 PM1/15/08
Most email providers have a limit of 10 MB, Gmail has a 20 MB limit.
Even most big file hosting sites have a 100 MB limit.

You might try
http://www.sendthisfile.com/
http://www.transferbigfiles.com/
http://mashable.com/2007/05/23/7-ways-to-send-huge-files-25x-bigger-than-gmail

or use Skype.
or BitTorrent
http://www.poromenos.org/tutorials/bittorrent

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"MicrosoftGeek96" <Microso...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B3624E9D-9691-4A1F...@microsoft.com...

Pieter

May 20, 2008, 2:46:16 PM5/20/08
--Whell, still getting the same answers and nobody's giving a clue.
What's the use?

Pieter

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

May 20, 2008, 3:40:48 PM5/20/08
Ask your email provider what their size limit is for outgoing messages.
This limit is usually tighter than any limit Windows Mail has, and is
often around 10 MB. The encoding process expands the attachment
as it adds it to the message, often around 30%.

Also, problems caused by antivirus programs are often incorrectly
reported, for example claiming there is not enough memory. What
if any antivirus programs do you have on that machine, and have
you ever had a Norton or McAfee antivirus program on that
machine?

"Pieter" <comminghomed@rling> wrote in message

Dave

May 20, 2008, 3:59:45 PM5/20/08
Most email servers have a limit of 2 to 10 MB file size, Gmail has a 20 MB
limit. It's not a Windows Mail limit.
If you want to send a large file, you can't use email.
Your options are:
1. Use a p2p program, like ICQ or Skype
2. Use ftp if you have online space somewhere
3. Upload to a file sharing site, like http://www.thelinkup.com/ (was
MediaMax)

http://www.labnol.org/internet/tools/large-files-email-attachments-download/247/

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Portdane

May 31, 2008, 3:57:37 PM5/31/08

I just 'joined' this site so I could get answers - I just read
everyone's same problem that I have, but where are the answers? thx -
Portdan

--
Portdane

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

May 31, 2008, 4:23:44 PM5/31/08

"Portdane" <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

Only people who describe their problems clearly, and include complete
copies of any error messages they get, usually get useful answers.

Gary VanderMolen

May 31, 2008, 8:15:15 PM5/31/08
I don't know what you are using to view this newsgroup, but
it is obviously not suitable. Newsgroups should be viewed
with a newsreader such as the one in Windows Mail.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

Moritz

Jul 14, 2008, 7:28:00 AM7/14/08
I just had the same problem when trying to mail a 468 MB file via Windows
Mail on Vista 64 Business with 2 GB RAM.
First, this has nothing to do with any restrictions of any ISP! It never
gets this far as to send anything!

When I press the send button, the message window will not go away to start
sending. Windows Mail obviously first tries to read the whole file into
memory and then encode it. Actually it does so bad at this, that it allocates
1,5 GB of memory and seems to try to get even more. With Base-64 encoding the
file should get no larger than 624 MB. Still it wouldn't make any sense to
load the file into memory, it should just be streamed in small blocks to the
mail server!
Windows will try to get more memory by moving as much as possible to the
page file but eventually gives up. Then Windows Mail shows this error message.
Of course it takes quite some time until Windows gives up, and Windows is
very unresponsive during this time (even on a quad core CPU).

So I consider this issue to be a bug in Windows Mail. There is really no
need to keep the attachment in memory. It just has to make sure, nobody is
allowed to write to the file, while sending it.

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Jul 14, 2008, 3:37:21 PM7/14/08
Why do you want Windows Mail to be able to try to send messages so
large that most email providers will reject them? A typical limit is
10 MB per message.

If you want Windows Mail to at least try to break it up into pieces,
click on Tools, then Accounts, then your email account, then
Properties, then Advanced. If there is no checkmark in the box
before Break apart messages larger than, click on this box, then
Apply; then adjust the allowed size until it is close to your email
provider's limit, but not quite that high, then click Apply again.
Click on OK, then Close.

Note that whoever you're trying to send the video to may have an
even lower limit on the size of incoming messages.

Also note that when Windows Mail complains about not having
enough memory, the actual problem is often interference from an
antivirus program, which Windows Mail seldom seems to be able
to report correctly. What if any antivirus programs do you have, and

have you ever had a Norton or McAfee antivirus program on that

computer, even one of the free trial versions that often come already
installed on new computers?

You could always try uploading the video to a web site meant for
storing videos, then email a much shorter message saying how to
download it from that site.

"Moritz" <Mor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen

Jul 14, 2008, 3:38:39 PM7/14/08
Email was never meant for sending files that large.
Even if you can find a mail client that would not choke on the initial
encoding process, it would be refused by the outgoing mail server.
So, your concern is of academic interest only.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Moritz

Jul 15, 2008, 5:03:05 PM7/15/08
Thanks for your fast answers, Robert and Gary.

First, yes, it is of academic interest. It's a bug and I like bugs to be
fixed.

But there are mail servers configured to allow mails of this size and if you
directly connect to it to exchange emails of this size with other users this
actually works without problems.
You have to consider, that there are very many people out there how do not
have access to any web space to store such data or only to web space with say
250 MB. Such people may see mail as an appropriate way to send larger files
to someone else.
And when they try, they will find their systems very, very unresponsive for
several minutes, because of this bug in WinMail.

I just tested it without a Virus Scanner running (which should have no
influence of the memory used by the WinMail process), and I got the same
result. Looking at the "Commit Size" it even reached more than 3 GB for the
468 MB file.

But thanks for the hint on breaking a message into many pieces. Although I
am not interested in such a workaround (I address exactly that bug), this
might be useful for others.

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Jul 15, 2008, 5:47:48 PM7/15/08
You're welcome.

Microsoft has seemed to stop creating new updates for Windows
Mail, other than those used to keep its junk mail filtering up to
date, without deciding to call it obsolete and no longer supported.
And it's possible that its junk mail filtering updates are shared with
some other program still being supported, such as Windows Live
Mail.

"Moritz" <Mor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen

Jul 15, 2008, 6:18:15 PM7/15/08
There will be no more bug fixes for Windows Mail. It's an abandoned,
dead end product, having been replaced by Windows Live Mail.

There are quite a few websites that allow you to upload and share
a large file for free, including Microsoft's own SkyDrive:
http://skydrive.live.com/welcomemoreinfo.aspx

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

Moritz

Jul 19, 2008, 6:36:01 AM7/19/08
Thanks again, for your answers, Gary and Robert.

That's very sad. I was hoping for some other improvements as well, like
being able to create mail filters being evaluated before the junk filter and
the possibility to store the send items per folder automatically.

I guess it's a little off-topic, but do you know a (free) mail client, which
is capable of the latter feature?

Gary VanderMolen

Jul 19, 2008, 1:18:48 PM7/19/08
You're welcome.
I understand that Mozilla Thunderbird has tons of third party add-ons,
so it must be easy to write add-ons for.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

wrote,@discussions.microsoft.com carolouee wrote,

Oct 19, 2008, 1:39:01 AM10/19/08

justacomputerbuffjutkagettingmadanddontk

Nov 27, 2008, 8:48:01 PM11/27/08
I'm having the same problem, why Vista can't send my 10 second video to my
children?
I still have a Windows 98 computer, and never had any problem with it, my
short videos were sent by Quick Time. But I can't download Quick Time on my
new computer with this Vista!!It's maddening!
Help!!!!!!!!
Jutka

Gary VanderMolen

Nov 28, 2008, 12:06:17 AM11/28/08
What size is the video file, and what is the exact error message?
Which antivirus?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"justacomputerbuffjutkagettingmadanddontk" <justacomputerbuffjut...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

JO

Nov 28, 2008, 4:35:00 PM11/28/08

Hey, I have Windows Vista to sendarticles that I found in the internet.
It is frustrating!

Jo

Unknown

Nov 28, 2008, 7:49:01 PM11/28/08

lypolintan74

Feb 1, 2009, 6:36:01 AM2/1/09

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

> "Gunny" <Gu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How big a message will your ISP allow? Most have a limit of 2 to 10 MB.
> Some smaller. Do you have a Web site you could upload it to and then send
> him a link?
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
> Do not send mail.

Dave

Apr 5, 2009, 10:05:40 AM4/5/09
How large is the video file?
Video files are quite large.
Most email servers have a limit of 2 to 10 MB file size.
A few, like Gmail and Hotmail Plus, have a 20 MB limit.

If you want to send a large file, you can't use email.

Some options are:

1. Use a p2p program, like:

ICQ (http://www.icq.com/download/)
Skype (http://www.skype.com)
Google Talk (http://www.google.com/talk/)

http://www.yousendit.com
http://www.dropsend.com
http://www.sendthisfile.com

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"liz" <l...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what is the solution to sending a 1 minute video attatched to an e-mail on
> vista,keeps saying can't send not enough memory,don't know what to do,liz
>
> "TFAB" wrote:
>
>> Frank- same thing..anytime i try to attach a video i cant send...says
>> not
>> enough memory...i never had this problem before Vista...I'm with Time
>> Warner
>> Road Runner...I cannot imagine that is it because before i got Vista I
>> could
>> send all the videos I want...where do I start? Please help!

Steve Cochran

Apr 6, 2009, 8:35:32 AM4/6/09
A 187 megabyte video is a very large email and would be huge. If you send
it, the only way to do it is to go to Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties |
Advanced and choose to break apart messages larger than a certain size (set
it to a megabyte). Then the recipient will receive over 187 individual
messages (the file will be encoded so it will be about 30% larger) that will
be recombined to show the video.

I don't think your recipient will be very pleased, especially if they are on
dial up.

steve

II IIVI IP@discussions.microsoft.com IP II IIVI IP

Aug 7, 2009, 7:02:01 PM8/7/09
what happens if the website i'm using to upload my files is still not big
enough? currently using Rapidshre that has a linit of 300mb only and my file
size is 391mb... any suggestions to a bigger website to host larger files?

thanks!

IP II IIVI IP

Aug 7, 2009, 7:11:01 PM8/7/09
any site that can host files lager than 392mb?

IP II IIVI IP

Aug 7, 2009, 7:17:01 PM8/7/09
how about a site that can host files larger than 392mb?

IP II IIVI IP

Aug 7, 2009, 7:23:01 PM8/7/09

OMG sorry for the multiple post....on my screen, it was freezing up and never
completed my post, so I thought it didn't.

Steve Cochran

Aug 8, 2009, 7:46:14 AM8/8/09
Try zipping the file.

steve

"IP II IIVI IP" <IP II IIVI I...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen

Aug 8, 2009, 1:32:11 PM8/8/09

I don't know why you are asking that question in a newsgroup dedicated to the
Windows Mail program.
Hosted web files are typically uploaded via FTP rather than mail.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

bobcat92021@cox.net bobcat92021@cox.net

Aug 12, 2009, 8:31:58 AM8/12/09

cruiserjoan

Oct 16, 2009, 11:47:17 PM10/16/09

shotsie

Feb 14, 2010, 6:14:01 AM2/14/10
this is an old one I am just seeing if it will work for me now

"liz" wrote:

> what is the solution to sending a 1 minute video attatched to an e-mail on
> vista,keeps saying can't send not enough memory,don't know what to do,liz
>
> "TFAB" wrote:
>
> > Frank- same thing..anytime i try to attach a video i cant send...says not
> > enough memory...i never had this problem before Vista...I'm with Time Warner
> > Road Runner...I cannot imagine that is it because before i got Vista I could
> > send all the videos I want...where do I start? Please help!
> >
> > "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

ruthannmudford

Feb 14, 2010, 10:40:01 AM2/14/10

ruthannmudford

Feb 14, 2010, 11:56:01 AM2/14/10

ruthannmudford

Feb 14, 2010, 5:18:02 PM2/14/10

Daisy

Feb 20, 2010, 8:25:01 PM2/20/10

I am trying to send a video that is 247MB and I get the same message !!! is
this file too big for his gmail ?

Bruce Hagen

Feb 20, 2010, 8:36:18 PM2/20/10
Gee. Ya think? Try making it about 240MB smaller and it /might/ go
through. And please don't reply to a very old thread like this with a new
problem. Start your own new thread. Thank you.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Daisy" <Da...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Steve Cochran

Feb 21, 2010, 9:11:23 AM2/21/10

You can go to Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced and select the
option to break apart messages larger than a certain size and choose a
megabyte. Then when you send, since there is an increase in size due to
message encoding, you will sent about 300 one megaybte pieces which the user
can then reassemble, after his computer is finished downloading all of those
pieces.

steve

Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

Feb 21, 2010, 7:25:22 PM2/21/10
Even broken into smaller pieces, that would take way too long to
send via email. Use a video file sharing service such as:
http://tinypic.com

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

victorino

Feb 27, 2010, 5:40:01 AM2/27/10
OK
--
`1234567890-=qwertyuiop[]\asdfghjkl;''''''''zxcvbnm,./1234567890-=qwertyuiop[]\asdfghjkl;''''''''zxcvbnm,./1234567890-=asdfghjkl;''''''''zxcvbnm,./1234567890-=qwertyuiop[]\asdfghjkl;''''''''zxcvbnm,./

searita4

Feb 27, 2010, 2:52:11 PM2/27/10
In answer to this question: go to ofile.com and sign up for free for 3.0g of
storage space where nobody needs to join or upload a sharing site. you can
upload your movie, song, book....etc and then email to anyone who can then
retrieve your file.

<jewel brown{10]@discussions.microsoft.com >

Jun 21, 2010, 12:45:40 AM6/21/10