HTTP error 400, bad request (invalid verb)

VickiJo

Sep 13, 2007, 5:40:01 PM9/13/07
Is anyone getting this error code? I get it when I try to log into different
websites and sometimes when I try to post questions on this site. Help?

VickiJo

Sep 13, 2007, 5:50:01 PM9/13/07
Sorry I realize I posted this question in the wrong community but I was
unable to post it in the correct one due to the error code. Anyway, if
anyone can help that would be great. I've deleted my history of everything
except passwords which actually did help some but not completely. Perhaps I
should delete passwords as well. I've tried running in Safe Mode to see if I
can add until I get to the problem but unfortunately keep losing my internet
connection in safe mode. UGH! The problem seems to occur most often when
trying to "login" to a site. I run Vista Home Premium as well as IE 7.0 and
have even tried downloading FireFox to no avail.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Sep 16, 2007, 9:26:54 PM9/16/07
"VickiJo" <Vic...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Use Windows Mail to read and post to the Microsoft Communities. It's much
easier than the Web interface.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

jackinthechip

Dec 8, 2007, 7:10:02 PM12/8/07
I got "HTTP 400 - Bad Request" Error Message if Content Length Field in
Request Header is 0 when trying to get into Windows Live with a hotmail
address.
I found article article 293131 on support.microsoft.com but it applies to
Windows 2000. Let me know if you find anything.

Johnny

Dec 30, 2007, 9:31:01 PM12/30/07

"VickiJo" wrote:

> Is anyone getting this error code? I get it when I try to log into different
> websites and sometimes when I try to post questions on this site. Help?

Wow, I'm surprised that this issued was not resolved already. I had this
very same problem and worked with it for several hours scanning it for a
virus, spyware, etc and finally did a System Restore to correct the problem.
Hope yours is corrected by now.

eos

Mar 19, 2008, 3:55:03 PM3/19/08
How do you do a system restore? I have had the exact same issue, I deleted
all the necessary cookies, unused files etc. Even deleted the passwords and
still no luck. Please advise on how I can restore system.
--
Thanks guys!
EOS

Gary VanderMolen

Mar 19, 2008, 8:38:46 PM3/19/08
Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.

Or, you can just type Restore on Vista Start Search bar.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

dot_on_the_horizon

Nov 3, 2008, 6:57:28 PM11/3/08

Yep...and the problem I found was caused by my anti-virus. so I took
that off and installed a different one. That worked. I hope it does with
you too.

--
dot_on_the_horizon

Gary VanderMolen

Nov 4, 2008, 12:04:47 AM11/4/08
It would have been helpful to others if you had disclosed which
antivirus caused the problem.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"dot_on_the_horizon" <dot_on_the_h...@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message