Error message

margaretanderson

Nov 6, 2009, 12:08:46 PM11/6/09
I am getting 420 too many recipients when I try to reply or send an email to anyone.

Job Interview Tips
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e02269b2-e95b-4f63-a964-64ffce79512e/job-interview-tips.aspx

Gary VanderMolen

Nov 6, 2009, 1:43:56 PM11/6/09
That error is generated by your provider's mail server.
All mail providers have limits on the number of recipients per message,
typically in the range of 50-100.
What happens when you send a test message just to yourself?

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Lisa Wohlgamuth

Nov 10, 2009, 12:06:29 PM11/10/09
Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

This is the error message that I keep recieving. It is getting quite
frustrating for me, I have read through these posts and have done what was
said and yet I still recieve these messages. I need this to work for my home
based business. Please help me someone. Thanks

Gary VanderMolen

Nov 10, 2009, 1:56:47 PM11/10/09
You've enabled an option the server can't use.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

mikeworks

Nov 10, 2009, 10:11:42 PM11/10/09

Gary, I am having the same problem just over the past 5 days. It doesn't matter that I am only sending to one person, I get the error. It doesn't happen all the time, only intermittently. However, once it starts, I cannto send any emails until I stay away for quite some time. Any other ideas?

thanks.

Gary VanderMolen wrote:

That error is generated by your provider's mail server.

06-Nov-09

That error is generated by your provider's mail server.
All mail providers have limits on the number of recipients per message,
typically in the range of 50-100.
What happens when you send a test message just to yourself?

--=20

"Margaret Anderson" wrote in message =
email to anyone.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e02269b2-e95b-4f63-a964-64ffc=
e79512e/job-interview-tips.aspx

A Dynamic Progress Bar for Your ASP Page
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0f8083d1-4588-413d-a9dd-e93432fd7e84/a-dynamic-progress-bar-fo.aspx

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Nov 11, 2009, 3:53:36 AM11/11/09
It's a free Hotmail account, right?

Setting up Windows Mail (in Vista) to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/microsoft-newsgroup-setup-instructions-for-windows-mail/

Gary VanderMolen

Nov 11, 2009, 12:24:06 PM11/11/09
Who is your mail service provider? If you don't know, what is the part
of your email address after the @ symbol?
Do you have an alternate mail service provider you can try?