Re: Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Bob

Mar 8, 2008, 3:59:12 PM3/8/08
You're provider is wrong!
Which AV program are you using?

"winner" <win...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3552ABFB-9F59-40B0...@microsoft.com...
> When I tried to use my Windows Mail I get the message that my server has
> unexpected terminated connection - My provider says the problem is with
> Microsoft- Can anyone tell me how to address this problem
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3552abfb-9f59-40b0-82c8-119705675de5&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Gary VanderMolen

Mar 8, 2008, 7:59:46 PM3/8/08
Kindly provide us with the complete error message. Right-click on it,
copy, then paste it into a reply here. Manual transcribing can introduce
typos which will obscure the original problem.
--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Mar 8, 2008, 8:45:50 PM3/8/08
"winner" <win...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I tried to use my Windows Mail I get the message that my server has
> unexpected terminated connection - My provider says the problem is with
> Microsoft- Can anyone tell me how to address this problem
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3552abfb-9f59-40b0-82c8-119705675de5&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no
protection not provided by the regular resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled. The latest version of Trend's
anti-virus seems to be causing problems too.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

Wakeybluenose

Mar 9, 2008, 7:58:01 AM3/9/08
I am getting the same error message:

inactivity. Account: 'xxxx...@xxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk', Server: '127.0.0.1',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

Other information; I'm using ChoiceMail Free to download emails from my
web-based email account (this is still working because valid emails are
waiting to be transfered to Windows Mail), AVG free is virus checking
incoming mails. I've had this system working on this PC for the last 6 months
with no problem but for the last couple of days I get the above message. I
can still send emails ok. If i change to SSL i get error number 0x800CCC0E
instead.

Any help or advice woul be appreciated. Thanks

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Mar 9, 2008, 8:49:50 AM3/9/08
"Wakeybluenose" <Wakeyb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am getting the same error message:
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
> for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity. Account: 'xxxx...@xxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk', Server: '127.0.0.1',
> Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error
> Number: 0x800CCC0F
>
> Other information; I'm using ChoiceMail Free to download emails from my
> web-based email account (this is still working because valid emails are
> waiting to be transfered to Windows Mail), AVG free is virus checking
> incoming mails. I've had this system working on this PC for the last 6
> months
> with no problem but for the last couple of days I get the above message. I
> can still send emails ok. If i change to SSL i get error number 0x800CCC0E
> instead.

The server is set to the local machine (127..0.0.1). This was probably done
by an anti-virus or anti-spam program set to scan email. Turn off email
scanning in all programs. It provides no added security at all. The reset
the account per the provider's instructions.

Wakeybluenose

Mar 9, 2008, 12:39:00 PM3/9/08
Thanks, that seems to have fixed it - can't understand though why it has been
fine for last 6 months with same settings! Thanks again

Karina

Jul 29, 2010, 9:38:31 AM7/29/10

I get this error when trying to send from Windows Mail:

inactivity.

Subject 'testing'
Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10053

System is Windows 7, Norton 360 running but with outgoing email scan turned
off.

Peter Foldes

Jul 29, 2010, 11:09:29 AM7/29/10
Karina.

Turning off the email scanning in Norton or in any other Anti Virus will not solve
your issue. The problem being that the scanning will not turn off correctly. You
need to uninstall Norton as per the Norton uninstall tool and then re-install it
without the email integration(scanning) option . This will turn the scanning off.
Not the way you have went about it.
Also if I were you I would dump Norton completely and install something like Avast
which is far better than Norton as far as scanning and issues not happening . It
also works much better than Norton

Norton Uninstall Tool
http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Karina" <Kar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Message-Email-0X800CCC0F@discussions.microsoft.com Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Aug 25, 2010, 2:46:03 PM8/25/10
Hi - I am getting the same error message...I am using Microsoft Security
Essentials, can you tell me how to turn off the email scanning?

inactivity.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'mail.wavecable.com'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25

Secure(SSL): Yes

Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Aug 25, 2010, 3:20:03 PM8/25/10

sylvieducharme

Aug 24, 2010, 3:23:10 PM8/24/10

"Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F" <Error
Message-Emai...@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message
de news:36E7CFD3-FE3C-4ED3...@microsoft.com...

Gary VanderMolen

Aug 25, 2010, 4:07:42 PM8/25/10
Microsoft Security Essentials doesn't have an email scanning
module, so there is nothing to turn off.
Thanks for including the complete error message because it made
the diagnosis easy.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then uncheck the SSL option.

Your provider doesn't support advanced options like SSL:
http://www.wavebroadband.com/art.php?id=emailsetup

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Aug 25, 2010, 6:05:03 PM8/25/10
Hi Gary, I still get the message:

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'mail.wavecable.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10061

It appears that it is getting hooked up on sending my out mail. The in mail
comes in fine. I do not have either SSL on in or out mail checked. On the
servers tab I have:
POP3
mail.wavecable.com
mail.wavecable.com
log on using clear text authentication

Please help!!

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> .

Error Message-Email-0X800CCC0F

Aug 25, 2010, 6:08:03 PM8/25/10
One more questions.

I am not at my home computer, which is where my original email account is
set up. I am at work trying to set up the live mail to access my home email,
will this work?

Gary VanderMolen

Aug 25, 2010, 8:50:41 PM8/25/10
This error message is quite different.
The original error message reflected using SSL on port 25.
This one reflects using no SSL on port 587.

There are two possible reasons why you are getting this
second error message:
1) Wavecable.com may not support port 587.
2) The corporate connection you are using has a firewall that blocks
port 587.

Based on some testing I did just now, the first possibility is true.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Chris

Sep 2, 2010, 10:07:04 AM9/2/10

I too got that message:
inactivity. Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I am not seeing any fixes??? Can someone help me?

"sylvieducharme" wrote:

> .

Gary VanderMolen

Sep 2, 2010, 11:24:11 AM9/2/10
The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of
them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum,
email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may
not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario,
your antivirus may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

As an alternative to replacing your antivirus, consider upgrading to
Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects from
overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

wolf

Sep 3, 2010, 4:14:58 PM9/3/10
It is in windows vista Brad

"Chris" <Ch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]

supersupercooper

Sep 9, 2010, 3:48:03 PM9/9/10
Seems u r a guru for this:
Here is my error message copied:

inactivity. Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number:
0x800CCC0F

My email I CAN access is supersup...@gmail.com
Thanks

Gary VanderMolen

Sep 9, 2010, 8:28:24 PM9/9/10
Wrong port number and other settings for that account.
Follow these instructions:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383