Archos 605 Wifi Driver problem

Meganj15

Dec 23, 2007, 1:19:02 PM12/23/07
I've got a Archos 605 wifi and i have tried to install it to my laptop
(Vista) but it won't work becuase it can't find the drivers. I have set it
all up correctly on the player but when i plug it in with the USB it says
that it needs to intall the drivers. I click automatically because i haven't
got a CD and there isn't one available. I have tried to do it manually as
well but i can't get it to work. Has anyone got any suggestions?

TomU

Feb 4, 2008, 4:38:04 PM2/4/08
I had this problem on Vista Business, but I discovered that the driver
installation thing wasn't actually looking in the c:\windows\system32 folder
where the drivers are kept, it was only looking on Windows Update. When I
told it to manually search that folder for the drivers, it installed fine...

"Mikireg" wrote:

> The same story with me. No way to connect Archos 605 Wifi to my computer.
> Message "a605" couldn't find driver. (Vista Ultimate)
> Where I tried connection on XP Pro system it was working in HDD mode, no
> driver necessary and easy installed.
> If any help would be great !!!

Mikireg

Feb 4, 2008, 5:42:01 PM2/4/08
It's working now, thanks to you TomU !
:-))

Mikireg

Feb 4, 2008, 6:09:00 PM2/4/08
And some problems continue to bother me though : I find now the USB PC hard
disk but when I doubleclick it shows : 'Please insert media", and I can't
copy anything to of can not read what's on it.
Very thankfull for help eventually.