Errore sendin message to other server (msg.exe)

.Andrea.S.

Mar 23, 2007, 11:15:27 AM3/23/07
I have 4 server configured with terminal server, and every user can send
message with msg.exe to other user on the same server, but can't send
message to user on other server while administrator can do it.

The error is:
Error sending message to session RDP-Tcp#4: Error 5
Error [5]: Access is denied

Have you any idea to resolv the problem?

Thank You
Andrea

Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT]

Mar 23, 2007, 11:46:08 AM3/23/07
Andrea,
What is the OS version of your Terminal Servers? Are they joined to a
domain? Do you get this error with non-admin domain users or local users?

Thanks
Soo Kuan

".Andrea.S." <andrea...@sistarelli.com> wrote in message

.Andrea.S.

Mar 23, 2007, 11:51:43 AM3/23/07
The operating system are for all Windows Server 2003 and all the server and
all the user are in a 2003 Native Domain..

Bye
Andrea

--
------
"Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT]" <sook...@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:%23dbfiJW...@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT]

Mar 28, 2007, 12:59:01 PM3/28/07
Andrea,
I assume you've already added domain users to local Remote Desktop
Users(RDU) group on all Terminal Servers.
If you want to let RDU users to use msg.exe, you need to set the sendMessage
permissions at:
TSCC.msc->Connections->RDP-Tcp->Permissions->Advanced

Thanks
Soo Kuan

".Andrea.S." <andrea...@sistarelli.com> wrote in message

.Andrea.S.

Mar 28, 2007, 5:33:07 PM3/28/07
Yes, i have do it, in fact every user can send message to every user, but
only on the same server, not on another server...

Thanks You
Andrea

--
------
"Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT]" <sook...@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel

messaggio news:eeM3jpVc...@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT]

Mar 30, 2007, 9:17:12 PM3/30/07
Andrea,
Very interesting.
Is it possible to ask all your users to logoff and re-logon after you update
the permissions at (TSCC.msc->Connections->RDP-Tcp->Permissions->Advanced)?
Then ask them to try sendMessage again.
One last thing, can you please run the following (open cmd shell and type
the command) on your RDU session and tell us the output?
1. net use
2. cmdkey /list

Thanks
Soo Kuan

".Andrea.S." <andrea...@sistarelli.com> wrote in message

.Andrea.S.

Apr 2, 2007, 4:22:33 AM4/2/07
I haven't change the permission, the user have the right permission
already...

Bye
Andrea

--
------
"Soo Kuan Teo [MSFT]" <sook...@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel

messaggio news:OQfkRJzc...@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Chaotic

Sep 11, 2010, 1:23:36 AM9/11/10
Any reason as to why? I am getting the exact same message as Andrea.

Error opening Terminal server [Computername]. Error [5]:Access is denied.