12156 error on Pitney Bowes postage machine

Andrew M. Saucci, Jr.

Jan 5, 2010, 2:03:22 PM1/5/10

This generated some discussion three years ago when ISA 2004 SP2
came out, but no real answers other than a hotfix for SP2. I'm on SP3 now
and just connected a Pitney Bowes postage meter that causes the same error
about a non-supported header. I can't believe that after all this time PB is
still putting out non-compliant equipment, (the articles state that web
servers that cause this error are clearly in error), but what do I do? Is
the hotfix part of SP3?

PBcares

Jan 6, 2010, 10:48:04 AM1/6/10

Hello, I am a Pitney Bowes employee. In response to your post:

*-::Pitney Bowes meter sets the HTTP header 'transfer-encoding' to
'chunked' which is a valid thing to do. On ISA Server 2004 Standard
Edition (which is what you are using) client-side chunking is not
supported, but it appears to be supported on ISA 2004 Enterprise and
both ISA 2006 Standard & Enterprise. See the following link:
::-*'_::http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-SG/netservices/thread/9f20250e-04b6-426e-ad3b-877c1ea94694::_'
(http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-SG/netservices/thread/9f20250e-04b6-426e-ad3b-877c1ea94694)
:: ::

--
PBcares

PBcares

Jan 6, 2010, 11:14:20 AM1/6/10

Charlie Russel - MVP

Jan 6, 2010, 1:50:24 PM1/6/10
A useless answer, since it clearly has no understanding of what is, and is
not, part of SBS. Fix your software, it shouldn't be doing what it does.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"PBcares" <us...@msgroups.net/> wrote in message

Andrew M. Saucci, Jr.

Jan 6, 2010, 10:12:05 PM1/6/10
Thanks, Charlie. We need to stand up to vendors who persist in
putting out substandard products. Of course, no one asked me before buying
this unit, so I didn't have a chance to make a recommendation. I was so
optimistic; at first, it appeared to work so much better than another PB
unit that had only USB support. Sigh.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <Cha...@mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org> wrote in message