Sharepoint Event ID 6398 and 7023

Bernie

Jul 18, 2009, 9:24:51 PM7/18/09
I'm getting repeating errors from Sharepoint.
Event 6398
The Execute method of job definition
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchJobDefinition (ID
51e6fb53-ed1d-42b8-ad9c-44c9fda18619) threw an exception. More information
is included below.

The gatherer is shutting down.

- EventData

Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchJobDefinition
51e6fb53-ed1d-42b8-ad9c-44c9fda18619
The gatherer is shutting down.

and

Event 7023
The Windows SharePoint Services Search service terminated with the following
error:
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
EventData

param1 Windows SharePoint Services Search
param2 %%183

I went to services.msc and verified the Windows SharePoint Services Search
is set for manual start. When I tried to start it I got an error of;
Windows count not start the Windows SharePoint Services Search service on
Local Computer. Error 183: Cannot create a file when that file already
exists.

I googled around and found others with this problem, but no solutions. Any
ideas?

Bernie

Bernie

Jul 24, 2009, 1:43:12 AM7/24/09
Problem still occuring, does anyone have a clue on this?

"Bernie" <ber...@huntfamily.com> wrote in message

Geek3

Sep 28, 2009, 10:49:45 AM9/28/09

I've also been trying to track down this error and kept getting this
page as the first listing on Google. I found a solution that appeared
to fix the problem and I am posting it below. This was a response from
Microsoft on another site regarding an SBS 2008 server (which also runs
SQL):

--
Geek3
Geek3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/139274.htm