SBS Monitoring error 4104

Gwave_70

Jul 18, 2005, 7:12:07 PM7/18/05

The SBS Monitoring service won’t start and I am getting an error log
saying: Could not connect to monitoring database... Also, the last
emails that I received from the monitoring service were saying: Bad
Request (invalid Host Name). Any ideas as to what the problem is with
this thing?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

--
Gwave_70
Gwave_70's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=7922

cjobes

Jul 18, 2005, 9:01:07 PM7/18/05
Did you try reinstalling?

"Gwave_70" <Gwave_7...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

Kevin

Jul 18, 2005, 9:11:08 PM7/18/05
I am racking my brain trying to remember how I solved a similar problem.... I
am sure it is to do with the MAD monitoring for the exchange server....

When you try and start Monitoring from the Server Management window, do you
get an error that the application could not start... it has something like
"/application" in the message, it is a HTML type page, not a dialog box...

If you are getting this, then I will keep racking the old brain to try and
remember how I fixed it!

Jenny wu

Jul 19, 2005, 10:23:37 AM7/19/05
Hi Jerry,

Thank for posting here.

Also thank for Kevin and cjobes 's input.

For your description, I understand that the SBS Monitoring service can not
start and get error 4104. if I am off base, please don't hesitate to let me
know.

To resolve the issue, please Run Small Business Server Setup, reinstall the
Server Tools component, and then run the Monitoring Configuration Wizard
Again. Please refer to the following steps:

1. Control Panel -> Add Remove Program -> Windows Small Business Server
2003. Set Server Tools to Maintenance. Set Monitoring to Uninstall

2. Control Panel -> Add Remove Program -> SBSMONITORING -> Remove

3. Delete C:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SBSMONITORING Folder

4. Reboot

5. Control Panel -> Add Remove Program -> Windows Small Business Server
2003. Set Server Tools to Maintenance. Set Monitoring to Install

6. Reboot

7. Start MSSQL$SBSMONITORING service and SQLAgent$SBSMONITORING service in
the services list

8. In Server Management Console -> Monitoring and Reporting: run the Set
Up Monitoring Reports and Alerts wizard

How about the result?

If the issue persists, please help me collect more information to further
troubleshooting.

I am currently standing by for an update from you and would like to know
how things are going on your end. If you have any further questions or
concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Jenny Wu
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

Gwave_70

Jul 19, 2005, 2:17:05 PM7/19/05

Thanks guys for all of the information. I am going to try to reinstall
tonight. Can't do it during the day with the whole office connecting to
it. I will let you know if this works tomorrow. Thanks again for the
assistance.

Jenny wu

Jul 19, 2005, 11:00:31 PM7/19/05
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your update.

I appreciate you time and effort to test. I look forward to you. If you

have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me
know.

I am always happy to be of further assistance.