Event ID: 1003

1 view

Kang@discussions.microsoft.com John Kang

Mar 17, 2005, 4:21:02 AM3/17/05
New Dell Server no hardware upgrades have been done.

Running 2003 SBS, can't seem to figure why it reboots by it self. Weather it
reboots by itself or after manually rebooted it generates the following.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 3/15/2005
Time: 3:58:22 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MSTLFILE-01
Error code 00000020, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 0000fffe, parameter3
00000000, parameter4 00000001.

Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 32 0000002
0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 30 2c 20 000000,
0038: 30 30 30 30 66 66 66 65 0000fffe
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 31 0001

Bill Peng [MSFT]

Mar 18, 2005, 4:14:35 AM3/18/05
Hi John,

This event means you've encountered a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).
Unfortunately, since this is a blue screen issue and it needs debugging, we
are unable to assist with this request in the newsgroups.

A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Product Support Services via
telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your
request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged
call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a
look at the web site listed below.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for
regional support phone numbers.

I'd like to provide you with more info for your reference.

STOP message checklist:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us
/prmd_stp_hyzf.asp

You can follow the checklist to check your system before contacting PSS.

Memory Dump Files:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us
/prmd_stp_mncs.asp

STOP: 0x00000020 (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) KERNEL_APC_PE
(Windows 2000 Error and Event Messages Help)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/1147.asp

Although we cannot provide debugging support via newsgroups, if you're
interested in troubleshoot the problem by yourself, you can also refer to
the following info and tools.

Debugging Tools for Windows - Overview
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/Debugging/default.mspx

What's New for Debugging Tools for Windows
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/whatsnew.mspx

Install Debugging Tools for Windows 32-bit Version
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx
http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_x86_6.3.17.0.exe

Download Windows Symbol Packages
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/symbolpkg.mspx
http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/packages/windowsxp/WindowsXP-KB83
5935-SP2-slp-Symbols.exe

[Note] In many cases, this issue is caused by incompatible hardware driver
or compatibility problems. Make sure that all hardware are compatible with
Microsoft Windows Server 2003. I recommend you to install the latest
drivers for your hardware. Please contact Dell for the device drivers.

I hope the above info helps.

If there's anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Bill Peng
MCSE 2000, MCDBA
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

--------------------
>From: =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBLYW5n?= <John Ka...@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Event ID: 1003
>Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:21:02 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

Kent

Mar 19, 2005, 12:05:03 AM3/19/05
In my experience Event ID 1003 is usually caused by a faulty device driver or
some other software problem. However, it could be a whole lot of things so if
the server is new and not in production, you might want to format & reinstall
Windows. Also, make sure all the drivers are digitally signed. Try disabling
unnecessary devices and services to see if the problem goes away. If you
don't want to pay Microsoft, you should have some support from Dell. Good
luck!