Cannot retrieve version vectors from this member.

Lecy@discussions.microsoft.com Martin Lecy

Jan 2, 2009, 3:40:16 PM1/2/09
Having a problem with DFS Replication. I set these 2 servers up just like
other ones I did for DFS Replication and the other work fine but this pair of
server is having an issue. They are Windows 2003R2 SP2. These are the
errors I get when I run the Diagnostic Report. Not sure what is going on
they have communication to each other and to the domain.

Cannot connect to reporting DCOM server.
Last occurred: Friday, January 02, 2009 at 11:20:19 AM (GMT-6:00)
Suggested action: Verify that Windows Server 2003 R2 is installed on the
server and that RPC traffic is not blocked by firewalls or port filtering.
For information about troubleshooting RPC issues see RPC KB 839880.

Cannot retrieve version vectors from this member.
occurred while the reporting mechanism attempted to retrieve version vectors
from this member: Access is denied. . Version vectors are used to compare how
up-to-date this server is compared to the reference server. If version
vectors cannot be processed, then the backlog, if any, cannot be determined.
Last occurred: Friday, January 02, 2009 at 11:20:21 AM (GMT-6:00)
Suggested action: For information about troubleshooting backlog problems,
see The Microsoft Web Site.

Any help would be great. Or just pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks

Martin

martinez@discussions.microsoft.com rhett martinez

Jan 6, 2009, 12:21:01 AM1/6/09
HI Martin,

Did you manage to solve this? I am having the same problem. It seems to be a
dcom permission problem on the components services. But dont know where there
exactly.

Martin Lecy

Jan 6, 2009, 9:56:00 AM1/6/09
No I have not. I am still having the issue. That is an interesting idea. I
will have to look I am just not sure which one of the COM Applications to
check.

Martin