"Object Already Exists" Error ID: 5010 (00001392)

Jaycee

Dec 16, 2007, 9:02:33 AM12/16/07
I'm having an issue with the the following Error: "Object Already Exists,
Error ID 5010 (00001392).

Here is the situation:
I have a 4 active/2 passive Exchange 2003 cluster. I installed the quota
managment service. On each EVS cluster group I added a generic service for
the quota management service. I added to each EVS one by one and started
the service. Everything work fine at this point. I then failed over one of
the EVSs to a passive node and the Exchange services would not start. I
also noticed that the resource for the "quota management service" was no
longer listed in the resource group for this EVS. It was still listed in
the other EVS groups. When I tried to add the resouce back is when I
received the error listed above.

So to get it back to where I could start the EVS again, I had to delete the
"quota managment service" resource on each EVS. For the EVS that I
initially tried to failover, it now listed the service and I was able to
delete it too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jaycee

Jeff Hughes [MSFT]

Dec 19, 2007, 9:46:39 AM12/19/07
You can't have multiple "Generic Service" resources in the same cluster that
point to the same service.
--
Jeff Hughes, MCSE
Support Escalation Engineer

"Jaycee" <jaycee...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Jaycee

Dec 19, 2007, 10:03:17 AM12/19/07
Does anyone have recommendations or information on how to setup the "quota
management service" on a cluster?

"Jeff Hughes [MSFT]" <jeff...@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jeff Hughes [MSFT]

Dec 19, 2007, 2:57:32 PM12/19/07
Clustering the Quota Message Service on clusters is not supported.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=EB52F6AB-E07A-476C-B32B-145AF6EA970C&displaylang=en

I don't know who exactly, but I think there is 3rd party software out there
that can accomplish this.