Event ID 1055 error code 64.

Saththasivam@discussions.microsoft.com Yashidevan Saththasivam

Apr 27, 2010, 8:50:01 PM4/27/10
Hi All,
I am getting below error message from event viewer.

1).
Cluster File Share resource 'optel_input_data' has failed a status check.
The error code is 64.

2).
Cluster resource 'optel_input_data' in Resource Group 'Oracle cluster' failed.

Server Information:
Model:Dell PowerEdge 2950
Memory:4Gb
Processor: 2.99Ghz
OS: Win2k3-R2-SP2

I found out that most people in the net recommend to increase the pending
timeout value in cluster resource to 360 second instead of 180. Please advice.

RCan

Apr 28, 2010, 3:08:25 PM4/28/10
Hi Yashidevan,

personally I think this sounds like an Oracle specific error and can be
generated by the healt status monitor from the cluster service. Is orable db
services running stable during the event time ?
You should also check on oracle side if there is anything documented about
event 1055 which is very generic :-(

Check if the following KB documented scenarios would match your's :
A Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer may stop responding if an
application frequently uses the mount manager to query volume information
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940307/en-us

2000 cluster specific but exactly the same issue documented in KB
You cannot connect to a cluster file share resource in Windows 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/872790/en-us

The Svchost.exe process may end unexpectedly on a Windows Server 2003-based
computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910666/en-us

Regards
Ramazan