error 0x800713de: the quorum disk could not be located by the clus

DAPS

Jun 15, 2008, 7:49:00 AM6/15/08
Hi everybody,

I have cluster ELLOGCL2 named with 2 nodes. Node 2 have cluster resources
but node 1 cannot take control on cluster resources after change groups
action.
Then I evict node 2 from cluster and I tried to add node to the cluster, but
I cannot:
In step finding common resources on nodes -> checking cluster feasibility ->
ellogcl2:checking that all nodes have access to the quorum resource. I have
next error:

"error 0x800713de: the quorum disk could not be located by the cluster
service"

How can I fix this error ? Must cluster service be recreated ?

Thanks !

Tim Walsh

Jun 15, 2008, 8:05:51 AM6/15/08
Where's the quorum disk physically located? A SAN, NAS or some other shared
media?

"DAPS" <DA...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

DAPS

Jun 15, 2008, 11:33:00 AM6/15/08
Fibre Channel SAN (Emulex).

John Toner [MVP]

Jun 16, 2008, 4:55:41 PM6/16/08
You should be able to add the node using the "Advanced (minimum)"
configuration option during the add node wizard. See the following KB for
more details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331801

Regards,
John

Visit my blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/jtoner

"DAPS" <DA...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

hamidsherkatmasoum

Jan 11, 2010, 4:14:46 AM1/11/10

hi
i've the same problem.
i don't know how can i set the quorum disk.
when i right click on the cluster root in Cluster Admin and get properties, in the Quorum page i see the following:

- Quorum resource: Local Quorum
- Partition: C:\WINDOWS\cluster
- Root path: \MSCS\
- Root quorum log at: 4096 KB

what can i do now?
thx

Tim Walsh wrote:

Where's the quorum disk physically located?

15-Jun-08

Where is the quorum disk physically located? A SAN, NAS or some other shared
media?

On Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:49 AM
DAP wrote:

error 0x800713de: the quorum disk could not be located by the clus
Hi everybody,

I have cluster ELLOGCL2 named with 2 nodes. Node 2 have cluster resources
but node 1 cannot take control on cluster resources after change groups
action.
Then I evict node 2 from cluster and I tried to add node to the cluster, but
I cannot:
In step finding common resources on nodes -> checking cluster feasibility ->
ellogcl2:checking that all nodes have access to the quorum resource. I have
next error:

"error 0x800713de: the quorum disk could not be located by the cluster
service"

How can I fix this error ? Must cluster service be recreated ?

Thanks !

On Sunday, June 15, 2008 8:05 AM
Tim Walsh wrote:

Where's the quorum disk physically located?

Where is the quorum disk physically located? A SAN, NAS or some other shared
media?

On Sunday, June 15, 2008 11:33 AM
DAP wrote:

Re: error 0x800713de: the quorum disk could not be located by the
Fibre Channel SAN (Emulex).

"Tim Walsh" wrote:

On Monday, June 16, 2008 4:55 PM
John Toner [MVP] wrote:

You should be able to add the node using the "Advanced (minimum)"configuration
You should be able to add the node using the "Advanced (minimum)"
configuration option during the add node wizard. See the following KB for
more details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331801

Regards,
John

"DAPS" <DA...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
shared
resources
groups
cluster,

SQL Server: UDF IsValidNumber
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/62b3708e-d782-4bb1-ba9a-54e941c6b023/sql-server-udf-isvalidnu.aspx

hamidsherkatmasoum

Jan 11, 2010, 4:16:08 AM1/11/10

DAP wrote:

Re: error 0x800713de: the quorum disk could not be located by the
Fibre Channel SAN (Emulex).

"Tim Walsh" wrote:

On Monday, June 16, 2008 4:55 PM
John Toner [MVP] wrote:

You should be able to add the node using the "Advanced (minimum)"configuration
You should be able to add the node using the "Advanced (minimum)"
configuration option during the add node wizard. See the following KB for
more details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331801

Regards,
John

"DAPS" <DA...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

shared
resources
groups
cluster,

On Monday, January 11, 2010 4:14 AM
hamid sherkat masoum wrote:

881021 - the same problem

hi
i've the same problem.
i don't know how can i set the quorum disk.
when i right click on the cluster root in Cluster Admin and get properties, in the Quorum page i see the following:

- Quorum resource: Local Quorum
- Partition: C:\WINDOWS\cluster
- Root path: \MSCS\
- Root quorum log at: 4096 KB

what can i do now?
thx

Use OWC to Stream Excel to the Browser
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4b9b8802-dc08-4a98-aebb-607bab0e0647/use-owc-to-stream-excel-t.aspx

hamidsherkatmasoum

Jan 11, 2010, 4:18:47 AM1/11/10

DAP wrote:

Re: error 0x800713de: the quorum disk could not be located by the
Fibre Channel SAN (Emulex).

"Tim Walsh" wrote:

hamid sherkat masoum wrote:

881021 - the same problem
hi
i've the same problem.
i don't know how can i set the quorum disk.
when i right click on the cluster root in Cluster Admin and get properties, in the Quorum page i see the following:

- Quorum resource: Local Quorum
- Partition: C:\WINDOWS\cluster
- Root path: \MSCS\
- Root quorum log at: 4096 KB

what can i do now?
thx

On Monday, January 11, 2010 4:16 AM
hamid sherkat masoum wrote:

881021 - the same problem
hi
i've the same problem.
i don't know how can i set the quorum disk.
when i right click on the cluster root in Cluster Admin and get properties, in the Quorum page i see the following:

- Quorum resource: Local Quorum
- Partition: C:\WINDOWS\cluster
- Root path: \MSCS\
- Root quorum log at: 4096 KB

what can i do now?
thx

Database Scale-Out Strategies for Web Apps
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ac17210f-fef3-4fa1-8395-c0f6ed092c90/database-scaleout-strate.aspx

hamidsherkatmasoum

Jan 11, 2010, 4:19:46 AM1/11/10

DAP wrote:

Re: error 0x800713de: the quorum disk could not be located by the
Fibre Channel SAN (Emulex).

"Tim Walsh" wrote:

On Monday, June 16, 2008 4:55 PM
John Toner [MVP] wrote:

You should be able to add the node using the "Advanced (minimum)"configuration
You should be able to add the node using the "Advanced (minimum)"
configuration option during the add node wizard. See the following KB for
more details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331801

Regards,
John

"DAPS" <DA...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Monday, January 11, 2010 4:18 AM
hamid sherkat masoum wrote:

881021 - the same problem
hi
i've the same problem.
i don't know how can i set the quorum disk.
when i right click on the cluster root in Cluster Admin and get properties, in the Quorum page i see the following:

- Quorum resource: Local Quorum
- Partition: C:\WINDOWS\cluster
- Root path: \MSCS\
- Root quorum log at: 4096 KB

what can i do now?
thx

Oracle DSNLess connection string sample
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a920ed0f-6e1f-44bc-a65d-b5b96374bb0c/oracle-dsnless-connection.aspx

hamidsherkatmasoum

Jan 11, 2010, 6:02:19 AM1/11/10
for so much replies! it didn't say me that they're posting. i thought i'd to retry. :(
i also tried minimum configuration, but it didn't help.

hamid sherkat masoum wrote:

881021 - the same problem

11-Jan-10

hi
i've the same problem.
i don't know how can i set the quorum disk.
when i right click on the cluster root in Cluster Admin and get properties, in the Quorum page i see the following:

- Quorum resource: Local Quorum
- Partition: C:\WINDOWS\cluster
- Root path: \MSCS\
- Root quorum log at: 4096 KB

what can i do now?
thx

Using the WebResource.axd Handler with Embedded ASP.NET Resources
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2d46e075-3cdf-44d5-b2b6-f27c1f3beb34/using-the-webresourceaxd.aspx

Chris Metos

Mar 10, 2011, 12:45:14 PM3/10/11
Hi All !

I have a same problem,

FYI

to deplace the quorum you must have a secondary hard drive formated in NTFS and basic type

On cluster admin console add new ressource type disk, and select your new partition

Now you can change the location of quorum