Limit Login Issues!!! Please Help!!!

prakash

Aug 28, 2008, 6:39:12 AM8/28/08

I have successfully installed LimitLogin at my client’s site. Here there are
4 domain controllers spread across 3 sites. The primary DC is hosted on
Windows 2003 R2 STD x64 Edition. I deployed the client app on 2 client
computers to test and then did a diagnostics on the server but got this
message:

Looking for Users configured for LimitLogin...

There are 2 users configured for LimitLogin in the domain.
Total number of Logins: 0

I cannot see any login information for the user who has been configured for
LimitLogin. Also are there any scripts from LimitLogin that allow for
forcibly logging off a user at a particular time?

I would appreciate a response as soon as possible

Marcin

Aug 28, 2008, 8:08:25 AM8/28/08
Prakash,

Are you referring to the
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc160794.aspx ?

Btw. you can accomplish the latter using built-in Windows functionality
(combination of Logon Hours settings of a target user account and the
"Network security: Force logoff when logon hours expire" GP setting under
Computer Configuration->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local
Policies->Security Options)...

hth
Marcin

"prakash" <pra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

prakash

Aug 28, 2008, 8:52:01 AM8/28/08
marcin
Thank for support.
Same problem facing and error below paste

C:\Program Files (x86)\LimitLogin>llogincmd /diag
Collecting LimitLogin diagnostic information...

Forest Schema Version check - Success
Found the LimitLogin Directory Partition for domain EDIFICE

Running as administrator on PDC (Build 3790) in Domain EDIFICE
(DC=edifice,DC=lo
cal)

Resolving DNS name for LimitLogin...

DC found: pdc.edifice.local
DC IP Address: 172.16.1.5

Getting Application Directory Partition Information...

Partition created at 8/25/2008 5:02:54 AM
CrossRef:
CN=cafbfbcf-f1f6-4847-9967-6c641650f318,CN=Partitions,CN=Configuration
,DC=edifice,DC=local

Replica #1: pdc.edifice.local
Replica DN: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=PDC,CN=Servers,CN=MumbaiHO,CN=Sites,CN=Configura
tion,DC=edifice,DC=local

Total Number of Replicas: 1

Looking for Users configured for LimitLogin...

There are 2 users configured for LimitLogin in the domain.
Total number of Logins: 0

David Hazar

Sep 30, 2010, 10:31:54 PM9/30/10
I know this is an old issue, but I figure someone might benefit from this information. Here is an article I wrote on how I was able to run Limit Login on x64 machines:

http://davidhazar.blogspot.com/2010/09/microsoft-limit-login-and-login-scripts.html

> On Thursday, August 28, 2008 6:39 AM prakas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have successfully installed LimitLogin at my client???s site. Here there are

> 4 domain controllers spread across 3 sites. The primary DC is hosted on
> Windows 2003 R2 STD x64 Edition. I deployed the client app on 2 client
> computers to test and then did a diagnostics on the server but got this
> message:
>
> Looking for Users configured for LimitLogin...
>
> There are 2 users configured for LimitLogin in the domain.
> Total number of Logins: 0
>
> I cannot see any login information for the user who has been configured for
> LimitLogin. Also are there any scripts from LimitLogin that allow for
> forcibly logging off a user at a particular time?
>
> I would appreciate a response as soon as possible

>> On Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:08 AM Marcin wrote:

>> Prakash,
>>
>> Are you referring to the
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc160794.aspx ?
>>
>> Btw. you can accomplish the latter using built-in Windows functionality
>> (combination of Logon Hours settings of a target user account and the
>> "Network security: Force logoff when logon hours expire" GP setting under
>> Computer Configuration->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local
>> Policies->Security Options)...
>>
>> hth
>> Marcin
>>
>> "prakash" <pra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>>> Why GUIDs are not a good idea for SQL Server Primary Keys
>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d662b371-ed27-481c-aee0-ebe7cf2d9fad/why-guids-are-not-a-good-idea-for-sql-server-primary-keys.aspx

David Hazar

Sep 30, 2010, 10:33:48 PM9/30/10