Mapped drives are unavailable -- right after mapping

kukki.k...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2015, 2:09:43 AM6/2/15
Hi:

I am trying to use "net use command" to map a drive on Windows. I use Python paramiko module to get ssh object (from Linux to Windows)

Although the commands goes through successfully, when "net use" is issued on Windows (to verify that the mapped drive is available), that specific mapped drive comes up with "unavailable" status..

When the command "net use" is used directly on the cygwin of windows, it seems fine - just using it via script on System 'B' (Linux) or remotely sshing (manually) from System 'B' to Windows, comes up with "unavailable" drive.. Does anybody know the reason?

And no, I am a non administrator user but has all rights "full control".

Thanks!

Shane Thompson

Jun 2, 2015, 11:35:43 PM6/2/15
New-psdrive I believe maps drives... Its been a hot minute though since I've looked at it.