apdproxy.exe

secondson2002

Jan 4, 2008, 5:10:03 PM1/4/08
The error says," apdproxy.exe - Unable To Locate Component , because: This
application has failed to start because ConnAPI.DLL was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix the problem."
I have no idea where this file can be found . Can anyone help me? The error
pops up at almost any time even if I am on the desktop or just booted-up my
computer or opening my mail
server or opening programs. I click the OK button and the box leaves and
comes back. This happens 4-5 times and then it quits for a few minutes. Then
startsw again.

Gary Tsang

Jan 4, 2008, 6:11:17 PM1/4/08
apdproxy.exe is part of the Adobe Photoshop Album.

--
Gary Tsang
http://www.gtsang.com

Microsoft MVP - Windows Media Center
http://www.microsoft.com/mvp

"secondson2002" <second...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

S.Sengupta

Jan 4, 2008, 6:48:42 PM1/4/08
The APDproxy.exe is a part of the Adobe Photo Downloader.

But connapi.dll is related to cell phone communication software.It's not
a part of Adobe Photo Downloader.It may be associated with twain scanner
or camera driver installed that relies on this DLL file.Reinstalling the
device driver should correct this error.

You may also disable the Photo Downloader background process.

Start the Photoshop Elements Organizer > Edit > Preferences > Camera or
Card Reader > Uncheck the box labeled Auto launch Adobe Photo Downloader
on Device Connect > Ok.

regards,
S.Sengupta[MS-MVP]

secondson2002

Jan 6, 2008, 6:41:05 AM1/6/08
Thank you said secondson2002 . You was right on the money. I have fixed the
problems, both and I didn't even know there was two. I turned off the loader
and I also reloaded my scanner's repair disk. Thank you again

secondson2002

Jan 6, 2008, 6:58:01 AM1/6/08
Your answer is the best. I used all of what you said and it worked. Plus you
took the time to tell me "How To" and that goes a long way. I turned off the
loader and reinstall the scanner which is a "all -n- one" scanner. So my
bigest Thanks go to you said secondson2002. Great work and this was nice even
easy, I usually never get a answer to my questions but, this site and members
came though. I will come again and try and help someone from I can like "S.
Sengupta helped me with the "HOW TO" ANSWER and it works. "KEEP THE LOVE
ALIVE"