RE: Can't sign into new Wave 3 Messenger, error code 81000451

maki1908

Sep 19, 2008, 11:13:01 AM9/19/08

"nLinked" wrote:

> With the new Live Messenger (Wave 3), I can't sign in. I get error code
> 81000451, saying Unable to connect, temporarily unavailable. But I can sign
> in on the old Messenger, on Web Messenger, and Pidgin Instant Messenger with
> the same account.
>
> I also asked a friend to sign into the new Live Messenger with my account,
> same error, but he can sign on with his.

same exact error i get.

and here is full description:

"Signing in to windows live messenger beta faild because the service is
temporarily unavailable. Please try again later
Error code:81000451"

when i try to sing in with my diffrent live id no error appears, also on new
Windows live messenger 9 beta 2009 (Build 14.0.5027.908)

bjorklo

Sep 19, 2008, 12:08:08 PM9/19/08

"nLinked" wrote:

> With the new Live Messenger (Wave 3), I can't sign in. I get error code
> 81000451, saying Unable to connect, temporarily unavailable. But I can sign
> in on the old Messenger, on Web Messenger, and Pidgin Instant Messenger with
> the same account.
>
> I also asked a friend to sign into the new Live Messenger with my account,
> same error, but he can sign on with his.

I do get the exact same error, is there any solution for this.
I was able to sign in just after I did the install, but after machine had
rebootet I couldn't log on :(
Anyone?

daniel

Sep 19, 2008, 1:02:00 PM9/19/08

"nLinked" wrote:

> With the new Live Messenger (Wave 3), I can't sign in. I get error code
> 81000451, saying Unable to connect, temporarily unavailable. But I can sign
> in on the old Messenger, on Web Messenger, and Pidgin Instant Messenger with
> the same account.
>
> I also asked a friend to sign into the new Live Messenger with my account,
> same error, but he can sign on with his.

I have got the same problem too since I installed the new beta release.
Still can't access live messenger - always getting the same message!

Mesquire

Sep 20, 2008, 3:48:52 AM9/20/08
I got the same error after my WLM9 crashed
rolled back to WLM8.5 didn't produce the error and could log back in
successfully.... and the login process was much quicker too

"maki1908" <maki...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:
:

:
:
:

maki1908

Sep 20, 2008, 7:54:01 AM9/20/08

"daniel" wrote:

would anyone respone to this please.

Mesquire

Sep 20, 2008, 1:07:29 PM9/20/08
I use multiple computers at different locations and login to the same
Windows Live ID (at different times of course), and unfortunately one of
my computers also suffer from the same problem after WLM9 has crashed
while I was categorizing my Contacts. I have tried uninstalling WLM9
and reinstall WLM8.5, then upgraded again to WLM9 and the problem
persisted.

However, I noticed that I could still login using the same ID and WLM9
on my other computers, so this problem "could" be isolated to the
computer itself.

"maki1908" <maki...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

adam

Sep 20, 2008, 8:39:01 PM9/20/08
I have the same problem, i tried what you said dint work, but i can log in
with my other account. thanks in advance

"Stijn" wrote:

> Have you guys tried uninstalling, deleting the Messenger folder and then
> reinstalling WLM9?
> The Messenger folder is in Local Drive>Program Files>Windows Live.
> I'm not sure "if" it will work, but it's worth a shot.
> Good Luck!
>
> Sincerely,
> Stijn

Mesquire

Sep 20, 2008, 9:38:38 PM9/20/08
Spoke too soon. Now none of my computers can login to the same ID using
WLM9.

Have to downgrade to WLM8.5

"adam" <ad...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

daniel

Sep 20, 2008, 10:25:00 PM9/20/08
Has this issue anything to do with conflicting problems between internet
explorer 8 beta 2 and the new wave 3 release?

Mesquire

Sep 21, 2008, 5:55:51 AM9/21/08
don't know but I doubt it since I don't have IE8 installed

just discovered something else that doesn't work since this 81000451
error - Windows Live in my WM6 devices (I have several) can no longer
synchronize to the server on the same ID as well!!!

"daniel" <dan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Bergold

Sep 25, 2008, 10:21:02 AM9/25/08
same here, trying another computer, i was able to login once and after loggin
off same problem on that computer too

seems to be related to creating and deleting group

seanmten

Sep 25, 2008, 11:52:01 PM9/25/08
I would have to agree, my error code was displayed right after I had created
a group and logged off. I'm still able to log in under "Windows Messenger",
on other computers, or after downgrading to the version prior to the beta.
Other people are still able to use the beta logging in with their
credentials, so it must be logged to the individual account, not the
computer.
I'm looking forward to a fix for this error!

nick Be.

Sep 29, 2008, 7:38:40 PM9/29/08

what was the last thing you were doing before you got the weird signin
error?

If you delete all folders at %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live
Contacts that should allow you to sign-in.

if you can sign-in, see if you can get the error again.
nick

--
nick Be.

daniel

Sep 29, 2008, 11:16:01 PM9/29/08
I deleted all the folders in following path:
(Vista)
Local Disk - Users - "Name" - AppData - Local - Microsoft - Windows Live
Contacts

but got the same sign in error.

Marcy@discussions.microsoft.com Malk Marcy

Oct 1, 2008, 7:50:00 AM10/1/08
Well, that didnt work for me :(

I contacted Ms support a while ago. They haven't sent me a solution yet, but
they could, however, reproduce the error on their side.
The last thing I did before the error started to occur was trying to sign in
at a second place (after a fresh installation) the same time: but that didn't
work and I got that error code 81000451 on my LT (the 2nd place). Back on
desktop PC it started to give the same error after I signed out and then
tried to sign in again...
It's REALLY ridiculous to have a problem like this not solved for so long by
Microsoft. I'm now using the old messenger 8.5 after I figured out a way to
install the this seperately (while not having to uninstall the rest of the
Windows Live beta package - which I do like!).
You may wanna do that too until Microsoft resolves this issue for EVER!
Check my blog:
http://malkside.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!BE2C70F6E8FD6095!690.entry

sheffie

Oct 3, 2008, 12:43:01 AM10/3/08

"nick Be." wrote:

still cannot sign in whatever i've done with the folder

reisyboy

Oct 6, 2008, 2:58:13 PM10/6/08
I have the exact same problem i cannot login now with Wave 3 Messenger. I
made a group called family decided it was a dud feature as no-one i know was
using the new version so i deleted, signed in and signed out due to the
internet crashing and not it just doesn't work it never signed back in. I
have cleared the contact cash its all gone... still this doesn't work. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

lt_sid8

Oct 14, 2008, 8:22:00 PM10/14/08
no that doesn't solve the problem
also tried deleting everything under contacts

Nick H. [MSFT]

Oct 16, 2008, 3:14:29 PM10/16/08
Can you follow the steps at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958574 and let
me know if that works?

if it doesn't, please exit all windows live apps completely, delete the
files below
Vista %localappdata%\Microsoft\Messenger\MsnMsgr.txt & Contactslog.txt
XP %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Messenger\Msnmsgr.txt & contactslog.txt

Then sign-in so msnmsgr.txt & contactslog.txt files are created and send
them to livebe...@msn.com

Thanks!
Nick H.
Windows Live Messenger Team.

daniel

Oct 17, 2008, 1:54:01 PM10/17/08
Has anyone checked out if this works or not?

lfvo

Oct 17, 2008, 8:53:15 PM10/17/08

hi Nick H. [MSFT]
before i format my pc, i installed this messenger too. then a create a
group and then i deleted. next day after deleted the group, i was not
able to login with that email.
Today i format my pc, and install this beta version again to see if i
can login, but no, same error :confused:

--
lfvo

randyt604

Oct 20, 2008, 12:31:01 AM10/20/08
None of it works.

Nick H. [MSFT]

Oct 20, 2008, 2:16:08 PM10/20/08
While.

Can you do me a favor?
Exit all the windows live apps completely and delete all local files (called
out in the support article) along with the log files listed below.
Then try to sign-in.
The log files will be recreated. - send those log files to
livebe...@msn.com

hopefully that will give me a clue as to why it's not working.
Thanks again.

Nick H.
Windows Live Messenger Team.

"randyt604" <rand...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Rob

Nov 3, 2008, 1:22:03 PM11/3/08
Its 1 of the windows updates....

I had clean xp pro install and installed wave 3 after the usual antivirus
etc etc.

Ran windows update once *btw had installed wave 3 by this time and logged
in. After the 1st reboot on updates it stopped working.....

daniel

Nov 4, 2008, 3:27:00 PM11/4/08
Any changes or news...

Ian

Nov 18, 2008, 11:08:06 AM11/18/08
WOOT this works :D

Imani

Nov 18, 2008, 3:27:03 PM11/18/08

Imani

Nov 18, 2008, 3:29:01 PM11/18/08
Your solution worked, however it seems this issue is set off by trying to
leave a group, messenger minimizes itself but nothing happens and the group
stays. If you log out and try to log back in you get this error, so far the
error has not rturned for me.

Thanks, Imani

Luke

Nov 23, 2008, 4:03:02 PM11/23/08
This works. Thank you very much.
The problem accour each time I try to leave a group I've created.
Once again thanks for this solution.

RayssaBR

Nov 23, 2008, 10:10:00 PM11/23/08

I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE WILL COME HERE AGAIN,
BUT I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM, AND HERE IS SOMETHING I JUST FOUND IN THE
INTERNET, THAT HELPED ME...
I AM RIGHT NOW USING WLM 9.0 AFTER ERROR 81000451

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958574

WELL, I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU GUYS LIKE IT HELPED ME

;)

aznvista

Nov 27, 2008, 7:08:46 PM11/27/08

nick be.;848713 Wrote:
> what was the last thing you were doing before you got the weird signin
> error?
>

> If you delete all folders at %localappdata%\microsoft\windows live
> contacts that should allow you to sign-in.
>
> If you can sign-in, see if you can get the error again.
> Nick

it doesnt work

--
aznvista

daniel

Dec 7, 2008, 1:02:01 PM12/7/08
Recently the windows live desktop beta showed a message at startup that an
unexpected errror occured and needed to close at once. I found a fix in the
live mail desktop section that is renaming the windows live contacts folder.
It worked fine as the problem as I can understand was something with a
corrupted contact list.

But this solution did not work for live messenger beta?

Is there something in the beta versions that are corrupting the contact list?

A.@discussions.microsoft.com Chris A.

Dec 8, 2008, 2:17:00 AM12/8/08
I believe the problem is within the groups, as someone said. I couldn't log
back in after I created and deleted a group...

Rusikforyou

Dec 12, 2008, 6:57:01 PM12/12/08
Unfortunately that didnt work for me,
everything happened after the "deleting group" thing.
Can you advice anything , or any expected date of the update ?
thanks.

Unknown

Dec 14, 2008, 1:15:00 AM12/14/08

"maki1908" wrote:

> "nLinked" wrote:
>
> > With the new Live Messenger (Wave 3), I can't sign in. I get error code
> > 81000451, saying Unable to connect, temporarily unavailable. But I can sign

> > in on the old Messenger, on Web Messenger, and Pidgin Instant Messenger with
> > the same account.
> >

> > I also asked a friend to sign into the new Live Messenger with my account,

> > same error, but he can sign on with his.
> >

> same exact error i get.
>
> and here is full description:
>
> "Signing in to windows live messenger beta faild because the service is
> temporarily unavailable. Please try again later
> Error code:81000451"
>
> when i try to sing in with my diffrent live id no error appears, also on new
> Windows live messenger 9 beta 2009 (Build 14.0.5027.908)

Rusikforyou

Dec 14, 2008, 1:26:15 PM12/14/08
Thanks to all of you who are trying to give solution,
but none of them works. The only way to get messenger work is waiting for
the update which can be posted unfortunately maybe after several months ,
because since october nothing was done. the main reason of the problem was
deleting-blocking groups. Others who had deleted some folders of msn
contacts in system
and after messenger worked had another type of temporarily problem.

Still waiting for live team, hoping the will solve soon.

daniel

Dec 15, 2008, 4:12:00 PM12/15/08
I have just installed the new beta release of the live products, but for a
change the live messenger is not signing in again.

Now it's giving temporary error code 8100030d. Any help???

I also found some suggestions that say to load dll extensions.
A question regarding this - does messenger need rundll 32 to work and show
it be allowed access to the internet?

Thanks

daniel

Dec 15, 2008, 10:26:00 PM12/15/08
Ok, finally I found the what was causing the problem with the signing in.
Avg suite was preventing messenger from going through the internet.

For those who have avg suite - go to web shield - instant messaging and
remove msn protection.

You will be able to sign in then.

BryceJFuller

Dec 16, 2008, 2:23:06 PM12/16/08
Daniel this was very very helpful I wish things were able to be compatible in
this day and age but sadly they aren't I appreciate it

Nicholas

Dec 25, 2008, 7:50:00 AM12/25/08
I tried to leave the group but can't after that i wanted to log in cant log
in and can they repair this fast? i got some contacts not in my old e-mail.

Nicholas

Dec 25, 2008, 7:49:01 AM12/25/08

"seanmten" wrote:

> I would have to agree, my error code was displayed right after I had created
> a group and logged off. I'm still able to log in under "Windows Messenger",
> on other computers, or after downgrading to the version prior to the beta.
> Other people are still able to use the beta logging in with their
> credentials, so it must be logged to the individual account, not the
> computer.
> I'm looking forward to a fix for this error!
>
> "Bergold" wrote:
>
> > same here, trying another computer, i was able to login once and after loggin
> > off same problem on that computer too
> >
> > seems to be related to creating and deleting group
> >

> > "Mesquire" wrote:
> >
> > > don't know but I doubt it since I don't have IE8 installed
> > >
> > > just discovered something else that doesn't work since this 81000451
> > > error - Windows Live in my WM6 devices (I have several) can no longer
> > > synchronize to the server on the same ID as well!!!

Gabriel

Dec 31, 2008, 11:27:01 AM12/31/08
Hello there folks,

I live in Venezuela and I'm having the exact same problem after creating and
then deleting a group on WLM9 Beta... I can still sign in on WLM 8.5 but
here's the deal... Ever since I got the sign in error code 81000451 on the
WLM9 I can't use Windows Live Messenger on my mobile device, it says that
messenger is not aviable. I did tests using other accounts and it works just
fine. But with my main account I have same problem as WLM9. Why is that? for
what I can tell on my Nokia device, it can't sync the contacts... I can sync
my email account but not the contacts...