Windows Live Mail does not send messages, 0x80191002 error

Vadim

Sep 4, 2009, 2:24:01 PM9/4/09

There are some messages stacked in my Outbox (huj...@hotmail.com) that
Windows Live Mail can not send with various Error ID.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (huji76) account. To send
and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com
on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer
Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the
list of services.
Subject 'Fw: banana [Video: 3/5]'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (huji76) account. To send
and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com
on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer
Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the
list of services.
Subject 'כלים חזקים לעבודה [Videos: 1/5]'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (huji76) account. You've
reached the daily limit for sent messages for this account. Try sending the
message from another e-mail account, or wait a day and then try again.
Subject 'Re: interwise'
Server Error: 3210
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00006

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (huji76) account. You've
reached the daily limit for sent messages for this account. Try sending the
message from another e-mail account, or wait a day and then try again.
Subject 'Если герой...'
Server Error: 3210
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00006

After removing messages from Outbox I get new error message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (huji76) account. To send
and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com
on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer
Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the
list of services.

Server Error: 0x80191002
Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002

Please, help.

...winston

Sep 4, 2009, 3:19:22 PM9/4/09
File/Work Offline
Delete any messages in the Outbox and empty all Deleted Items folder(s)
Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintenance
- set the compact database counter to 1, then Apply
File/Exit (you should still be Offline)
Answer 'Yes' to the prompt to compact/clean up
Open WLM, reset the counter to the prior or number of your preference
Retest

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

Vadim

Sep 5, 2009, 7:06:01 AM9/5/09
Thank you very much, it solved the problem.
Can you explain what was the cause for the problem and how I can prevent it
in the future.
Thanks again.

...winston

Sep 8, 2009, 1:35:38 AM9/8/09
You're welcome..
File or Index was corrupted is the most likely cause.

Vadim

Sep 8, 2009, 4:34:08 AM9/8/09
I still get 0x80191002 error every time I want to send 1-2 MB file.

tste

Dec 18, 2009, 11:01:03 AM12/18/09
I am having the same problem; I am using Windows Live Mail for both a Hotmail
account and my company account; I only get this message when trying to send a
message with an attachment using the Hotmail account; when I go into the
message and change the sending account to the company account, it works fine,
so I don't believe - at least in my case - that 'File or Index was
corrupted'. Any other thoughts on a more permanent solution than changing
accounts (I obviously do not want to send some emails from a company
account). Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks

slk759

Dec 18, 2009, 12:29:59 PM12/18/09
Verify your Hotmail account settings with the following, turn off email
scanning in your antivirus software (may require a reinstallation depending
on the software), and post complete error message (copy / paste the whole
thing). Here's those settings . . . . .

Live.com Settings:

Server names and ports:
POP3 = pop3.live.com Port = 995
SMTP = smtp.live.com Port = 587

Checkboxes you need to check include:

Server Tab: "My server requires authentication" (Click "Settings" button
also and fill in "Log on Using" email address - *** but do NOT check the
checkboxes there . . . .)

Advanced Tab: BOTH outgoing and incoming - "This server requires a secure
connection (SSL)"

General Tab (if desired but generally recommended): "Include this account
when receiving mail or synchronizing"

Should work - if you get errors post the entire error message (cut-n-paste)
for further assistance.

"tste" <ts...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Ron Sommer

Dec 18, 2009, 1:46:12 PM12/18/09
Why are you posting the pop3 settings?
This is one of the errors: Server:
'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"slk759" <slk...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen (MVP)

Dec 18, 2009, 2:25:20 PM12/18/09
Why not send from the account provided by your ISP?
Hotmail tends to have frequent issues, and 'prohibited' attachment
types is just one of those issues.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Ildhund

Dec 18, 2009, 2:46:16 PM12/18/09
This error indicates a dropped server connection. In some cases it has been
caused by a misconfigured firewall or AV program (Kaspersky particularly)
and in others by a misconfigured router. So check that any third-party
firewall is not interfering and that your AV is not scanning mail (you may
have to uninstall your AV and then reinstall _without_ the mail scanning
module). Reset your router. If this doesn't help, try removing the account,
restarting WLMail and adding the account back again to clear out any
corruption in the account itself. If none of that works, contact Support.
--
Noel

"tste" <ts...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am having the same problem; I am using Windows Live Mail for both a
> Hotmail account and my company account; I only get this message when
> trying to send a message with an attachment using the Hotmail account;
> when I go into the message and change the sending account to the company
> account, it works fine, so I don't believe - at least in my case - that
> 'File or Index was corrupted'. Any other thoughts on a more permanent
> solution than changing accounts (I obviously do not want to send some
> emails from a company account). Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks

...winston

Dec 18, 2009, 11:27:32 AM12/18/09
And the full error message you receive is ???
Can you send the message from the web interface(hotmail.com or mail.live.com) with that same Hotmail account ?

--
...winston
MS-MVP[Mail]