Server Error 4402 / WLM Error ID 0x8DE00002

Folz

Dec 4, 2008, 9:49:01 AM12/4/08
Yesterday I started getting an error message when I try to send or receive
email from Windows Live Mail:

"Unable to send or receive messages for the [my account] ..."
"Server Error: 4402
Server Response: Client Folderld 259 is not found in the request
Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00002"

Please advise how to resolve.

Thank you,
Folz

Lynn

Dec 26, 2008, 9:30:01 PM12/26/08
I have the same problem .
Pls adv how to solve.thks

cherylz4

Jan 7, 2009, 1:00:57 PM1/7/09

::I'm getting the same error (see below) on my laptop which is running
Vista but not on my desktop which is running XP. Everything is syncing
fine on the desktop. I have two other email accounts set up on the
Windows Live Mail client; Cox and Gmail, and they are both syncing fine.
I have Norton running on both.

Help please!
Thanks,
Chili

::Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (xxxxxxxx)
account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to
'Sign In' (http://hotmail.live.com) on the Web, or try again later. To
get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to
http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of
services.

Server Error: 4402
Server Response: Client FolderId ## is not found in the request

--
cherylz4

N Chand@discussions.microsoft.com D N Chand

Apr 18, 2009, 8:59:01 AM4/18/09

Neil

Apr 27, 2009, 10:15:01 AM4/27/09

Grumpy Grampy

Mar 8, 2010, 8:53:03 PM3/8/10

MARCH 2010

That error still exists...
I have ran into it after I added some sub-folders in my account...

I hate to go and delete the (default) account
and then add it again...

Yes, am using VISTA

--
Grumpy Grampy

Ildhund

Mar 13, 2010, 5:22:28 AM3/13/10
"Grumpy Grampy" <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:69ea4a0c3efb55f3...@nntp-gateway.com...

It looks like this has been going on for some time for you. This is a server error which might be caused by something on your machine, but removing and re-adding the account should correct that. So the only way forward for you is to go to
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?forumid=b91657c9-9031-4406-a398-7d0783119bb7
and appeal for help. Be sure to mention your OS (in full - like Vista Ultimate 64-bit or Vista Home Basic), your version of WLMail (Help > About...) and what AV you are using. Say how long you've been experiencing this error and that you have repeatedly removed and re-added the faulty account. Then perhaps a tech may be able to do something to solve the problem.

The subject line you used here will do fine.
--
Noel

Ron Sommer

Mar 13, 2010, 6:59:31 AM3/13/10