Windows Live Mail Calendar

J.D.B.

Jan 27, 2009, 4:55:01 AM1/27/09
Every time I open Windows Live Mail the calendar tries to update but I get
the following error message "There was an error when attempting to connect to
the Windows Live Calendar Service.If error persists, check to see theres an
upgrade of Windows Live Mail available or contact a service representative".
I am running the latest version of Windows Live Mail and also NIS 2009. I am
open to any Ideas that anybody has on this subject. J.D.B.

kpyt

Jan 27, 2009, 11:00:03 AM1/27/09
I am having similair problems since I downloaded the latest version. I can't
open my email unless I restart my computer. I received an error message a
file in the calendar was corrupt. I can't seem to find any help on microsoft
website. Help!

t-4-2

Jan 27, 2009, 11:29:16 AM1/27/09
You are not alone. According to one of the MVPs, it has something to do with
" overloading " and MS is trying to solve that. Until there is a fix,
someone gave a "workaround" and it works.
Tools > Options > General. UN-check "Send and receive message at start up".
UN-check "Check for new messages every ...."
The downside of this method is : you need to hit F5 or Sync to find out if
you have new messages.
I am using this method for at least 3 days.
t-4-2

"kpyt" <kp...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Fairplay

Jan 28, 2009, 4:01:01 AM1/28/09
The same problem appears in the German version and it is not possible to fill
out daily events.

Gregg Fowler

Jan 29, 2009, 8:25:41 AM1/29/09

"t-4-2" <dhu...@cogeco.ca> wrote in message

> You are not alone. According to one of the MVPs, it has something to do
> with " overloading " and MS is trying to solve that. Until there is a fix,
> someone gave a "workaround" and it works.
> Tools > Options > General. UN-check "Send and receive message at start
> up". UN-check "Check for new messages every ...."
> The downside of this method is : you need to hit F5 or Sync to find out if
> you have new messages.
> I am using this method for at least 3 days.
> t-4-2

I am having the problem too and it is CPU intensive for a bit. I will
uncheck the boxes.

Peter.R

Feb 7, 2009, 5:40:12 AM2/7/09
How are you going with this problem kypt?

Whenever I received this the error message "Windows Live Mail could not be started. Closing Windows Live Mail. Your calendar contains corrupt data that is forcing Windows Live Mail to close. (0x80040154)", I was able to correct it by doing a Repair Install of 'Windows Live Eessentials'.

--
Cheers,
Peter.R

TDesai

Mar 7, 2009, 12:22:00 PM3/7/09
I have resolved.
Login to http://calendar.live.com/ with your Live id.
On left Pane you will see 'Calendars' and below all calanders
'Calendars'
-Your Name's calendar
-........ Holidays
-Birthday calendar
- xyz's calander

Here Uncheck '-Your Name's calendar' and '- xyz's calander'

Hope this works as it did worked for me

TDesai

jembo-x

Jan 27, 2010, 10:35:01 PM1/27/10
on the desktop delete the calendar folder, it will be re-created
c:\documents and settings\<user name>\local settings\application
data\microsoft\windows live mail

Robert

Mar 28, 2010, 11:13:01 AM3/28/10
I've tried everything found on Internet - nothing works. Then I realized that
the error message is not the same on every try running Windows Live Mail. I
have mail-store on other hard drive, so I've changed whole security again
(get ownership and give proper priviliges). Now it works.
It means, that Windows Live Mail will say "calendar corrupt" on every
problem with reading the mail store (perhabs calendar is reading as first?).

Alexei3000

Jun 7, 2010, 10:16:21 AM6/7/10
It's working again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK for the tip!

johnrmaier

Jul 15, 2010, 6:37:27 AM7/15/10
I can't even get my Live Mail to open to do any un-checking! No software
should be allowed that can't be un-installed, much less repair itself! Does
one have to re-format, go back to 'factory' just because one software
designer is so arrogant that there is no provision to un-install?

Gordon

Jul 15, 2010, 7:00:18 AM7/15/10
"johnrmaier" wrote in message news:CA736CBB-9C45-4627...@microsoft.com...

I can't even get my Live Mail to open to do any un-checking! No software
should be allowed that can't be un-installed, much less repair itself! Does
one have to re-format, go back to 'factory' just because one software
designer is so arrogant that there is no provision to un-install?

Eh? Of course there's a provision to uninstall.
Click on Windows Live Essentials in Control Panel- Uninstall Programs (for Win 7 - choose the correct place for your version of Windows) and click on Uninstall/Change at the top.
A dialog box appears allowing you to remove one or more Windows Live components.

Gary VanderMolen (MVP)

Jul 15, 2010, 12:40:00 PM7/15/10
Unless you are the same person as "kpyt" or "J.D.B.", both of whom
provided problem statements in this thread, I don't see *your* detailed
problem statement. Without that we can't really help you.

Have you even tried the normal uninstall procedure by going to
Control Panel, Programs and Features, and double-clicking on
Windows Live Essentials?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"johnrmaier" wrote in message news:CA736CBB-9C45-4627...@microsoft.com...

I can't even get my Live Mail to open to do any un-checking! No software

...winston

Jul 15, 2010, 1:25:34 PM7/15/10
You're reading and responding to very old information regarding 'overloading'...which was factual at one point in time and a few
years ago.

Please state your problem on what actually occurs when opening WLM.

If your problem(opening) is Calendar related(the subject of the old thread you responded)...navigate in your user profile
(Application Data or AppData) to the Windows Live Calendar folder and delete the Calendar database....though until you can actually
provide more specifics..e.g. WLM version, operating system not much else can or should be suggested.

Uninstall is like any other program...Add-Remove(XP) or Programs and Features(Vista/Windows7)...look for the Windows Live
Essentials item.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

"johnrmaier" wrote in message news:CA736CBB-9C45-4627...@microsoft.com...

I can't even get my Live Mail to open to do any un-checking! No software

Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com Deborah Lynn

Jul 25, 2010, 11:31:44 AM7/25/10

I have Windows 7 never had a problem with getting into my email and one day
clicked on it and received this message "Windows Live Mail could not be
started. Closing WLM your calendar contains corrupt data that is forcing WLM
to close (0X80070057) - I have never used the calendar. Can not even hopen
WLM now and can't seem to find a resolution. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

"...winston" wrote:

> You're reading and responding to very old information regarding 'overloading'...which was factual at one point in time and a few
> years ago.
>
> Please state your problem on what actually occurs when opening WLM.
>
> If your problem(opening) is Calendar related(the subject of the old thread you responded)...navigate in your user profile
> (Application Data or AppData) to the Windows Live Calendar folder and delete the Calendar database....though until you can actually
> provide more specifics..e.g. WLM version, operating system not much else can or should be suggested.
>
> Uninstall is like any other program...Add-Remove(XP) or Programs and Features(Vista/Windows7)...look for the Windows Live
> Essentials item.
>
> --

> ....winston

> .

...winston

Jul 25, 2010, 10:20:31 PM7/25/10
Deborah,
You'll need to delete the calendar folder(s)

Close WLM
Open Windows Explorer(press the Windows key + E )
Click on Tools/Folder Options/View
- check Show Hidden files and folders
- uncheck Hide protected operating system files
Clikc OK
Navigate in Windows Explorer in your user profile to the Windows Live Calendar folder
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\windows live mail\calendars
or
C:\Users\<your windows logon name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Calendars

Delete all subfolder folders in the 'Calendars' folder
- you should see one folder named 'default' or 'DBStore' and also if present other folders with your email address

Once done, go back to Tools/Options/View and uncheck Show Hidden files and check Hide Protected operating system files.

Restart your computer
Logon to Windows, then open WLM (Note if using a Live ID to sign on to Windows Live sign on, if not cancel if prompted)

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

Dujm...@shaw.ca

Dec 31, 2015, 4:32:21 PM12/31/15
What was your solution I work with new windows 10 and the error massage is
driving me nuts can you help
thanks in advance.
My e-mail is dujm...@shaw.ca (Please no general e-mails respect privacy.)

. . .winston

Jan 1, 2016, 9:43:38 PM1/1/16
The solution for Windows Live Mail 2009's Calendar is useless for a
Outlook.com's (fka Live) Calendar on Windows 10.

--
...winston
msft mvp windows experience

onebi...@verizon.net

Mar 5, 2016, 7:41:38 AM3/5/16
It is 03.05.2016. I can do no better than copy wht JDB wrote on Tuesday, January 27, 2009: "Every time I open Windows Live Mail the calendar tries to update but I get the following error message "There was an error when attempting to connect to the Windows Live Calendar Service.If error persists, check to see theres an upgrade of Windows Live Mail available or contact a service representative," I'm running Windows 10, browser Chrome, on HP Pavilion, on LAN with other HPs; e-mail provider verizon. Suggestions, anyone?

winst...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2016, 5:29:46 AM3/6/16
onebi...@verizon.net wrote:
> It is 03.05.2016. I can do no better than copy wht JDB wrote on Tuesday, January 27, 2009: "Every time I open Windows Live Mail the calendar tries to update but I get the following error message "There was an error when attempting to connect to the Windows Live Calendar Service.If error persists, check to see theres an upgrade of Windows Live Mail available or contact a service representative," I'm running Windows 10, browser Chrome, on HP Pavilion, on LAN with other HPs; e-mail provider verizon. Suggestions, anyone?

Not much help from a 6yr old post.

Same WLM version that JDB was using in 2009 (at that time quite
significant, only one version was available - 2009.
- if using that version you pretty much on your own - 12 updates and 2
versions have occurred since.

Using a MSFT account to logon to Windows Live services ?
Using a MSFT account as one of the email accounts ?
If a Microsoft account is used for logon to Windows Live services has
the account been migrated to the new Outlook.com Office 365 server ?
- logon to Outlook.com in IE, open the Inbox, and look directly above
the folder pane - What does it say ? Outlook.com or Outlook Mail

ket...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2016, 6:22:22 PM3/16/16
I am using the mail 2012 version and have experienced this error pop up only in the past couple of months. I have tried uninst-reinst, some of the suggestions made in several forums ... all to no avail! It's too bad I didn't take note when this first started so I could ascertain what updates (all updates) transpired just prior to the problem. As for the last of your write-up and question above, mine opens in "Outlook Mail" and goes directly to the Inbox every time, even if I closed it with the "Sent" folder open ... etc.
Any ideas based on that?

winst...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2016, 3:58:14 AM3/17/16
Your account, since it shows Outlook Mail was migrated to the Office 365
backend server.

Have you installed this

cburle...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2016, 9:13:37 PM4/16/16

danie...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2016, 12:55:47 PM6/3/16
This fixed it for me. Thank you!

bunka...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2016, 10:09:42 PM8/2/16

stanley...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2016, 2:38:34 AM10/1/16
Utilize the best Regain EML to PST Converter software utility specially designed for those users who are looking for a reliable software that can convert easily EML file to PST format. This application is technically advanced and convert any types of EML file into PST format and well works on all MS Outlook version.

for more info:- http://www.windowslivemailtooutlookpstfile.com/

dj.fl...@xtra.co.nz

Oct 26, 2016, 6:28:31 PM10/26/16

sapav...@gmail.com