Live Mail Will Not Print Email Messages

瀏覽次數:8,247 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

JJG

未讀,
2010年9月22日 下午4:59:242010/9/22
收件者:
I have had WLM installed under Window 7 quite a while now and just
discovered I cannot print an email message. When I click on 'print' on the
toolbar or under File nothing happens. I do not get the print pop up window
at all. The printer works fine with all other applications. I don't know
whether or not it matters but I use Firefox as my default browser.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Gary VanderMolen

未讀,
2010年9月22日 晚上8:46:302010/9/22
收件者:
As a test, set IE as your default browser, then try printing.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"JJG" wrote in message news:obSdnaf76La28wfR...@posted.widowmaker...

R. C. White

未讀,
2010年9月22日 晚上11:59:452010/9/22
收件者:
?Hi, JJG.

Is that a received email? Or one you are drafting?

The Print command does not work from the Compose window. But you can Save a
copy in Drafts, then Print it from there.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"JJG" wrote in message

I have had WLM installed under Window 7 quite a while now and just

JJG

未讀,
2010年9月23日 上午11:03:052010/9/23
收件者:
Good try, but the problem remains.

"Gary VanderMolen" <ga...@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

JJG

未讀,
2010年9月23日 上午11:05:532010/9/23
收件者:
Thank you.

The problem WAS with received messages. Something prompted me to go to
'Newsgroups' and try to print. Sure enough, a messages printed just fine.
Further, when I returned to 'Mail' I could print messages OK.

Go figure!

Thanks again.

"R. C. White" <r...@grandecom.net> wrote in message

Don Dewiel

未讀,
2010年9月23日 上午11:07:472010/9/23
收件者:
Glad you got it sorted.
--
Don©

"JJG" <XXXX...@widomaker.com> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen

未讀,
2010年9月23日 下午3:58:502010/9/23
收件者:
Good to hear that 2 minutes later you reported it was working fine. :-)

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"JJG" wrote in message news:c-OdnejGa4e68QbR...@posted.widowmaker...

mike...@gmail.com

未讀,
2014年1月10日 下午1:28:312014/1/10
收件者:
On Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:59:24 PM UTC-7, JJG wrote:
> I have had WLM installed under Window 7 quite a while now and just discovered I cannot print an email message. When I click on 'print' on the toolbar or under File nothing happens. I do not get the print pop up window at all. The printer works fine with all other applications. I don't know whether or not it matters but I use Firefox as my default browser.Any help will be appreciated.Thank you.

The solution is incredibly simple. Hilite the message in the "Sort by date" column (not in the full message window) then right-click on the hilited message and "Print" will appear.

...winston

未讀,
2014年1月10日 下午2:07:302014/1/10
收件者:
It might be prudent to check the date of the initial post prior to
replying to a 3+ yr old thread.

At this stage..its' doubtful the original poster needs to print/reprint
a 3 yr old message.

--
...winston
msft mvp consumer apps

iams...@gmail.com

未讀,
2016年2月29日 下午2:41:382016/2/29
收件者:
hey jackass.. did it ever occur to you that someone else may have the same problem and may also be looking for a solution??

Maybe you should think before you ridicule someone else for not thinking.

winst...@gmail.com

未讀,
2016年3月1日 凌晨2:52:482016/3/1
收件者:
Using Google Groups(as you've done) is a better definition of not
thinking and then using that medium to replying to a 2 yr old reply
almost 5 yrs after a no longer relevant post.

Especially when the original problem can no longer be duplicated and
already resolved due to WLM program updates that occurred 3 yrs prior to
your senseless reply.

Keep up the good work, you're contributions will go far.

--
...winston
msft mvp windows experience

vla...@gmail.com

未讀,
2016年4月5日 下午6:07:032016/4/5
收件者:
I tried ALL the tricks (including suggested from Microsoft) but I had to find a solution: open the message and Save it at Desktop BUT in HTML format (not EML !). Open it with your browser and you'll have no problems for printing. (Done.. you can delete it from Desktop). Works for me.

rdh1...@gmail.com

未讀,
2018年1月14日 下午2:27:472018/1/14
收件者:
I hate to disturb someone's smartness...but here it is 2018...and I DO HAVE THIS PROBLEM...and have had it for some time, searching high and low for a solution [I still am forced to use windows 7 because of legacy issues and data files that reach back to 2003 that will not transport to windows 10 [curse microsoft and incompatibility with their own software] so cannot use windows 10 etc]. Work a problem to it's solution because IT IS time irrelevant until that solution is found.

My real beef though is not about solutions but the failure of anyone to recognize when someone is trying to HELP someone else. There is no time limit on that. So thanks to anyone who might help on this because it is a terrible dilemma when one cannot print out things like barcodes to plane tickets or anything else in an increasing impersonalized and 'digital' world. Some text I can 'copy' into word and print from there, but secure stuff won't [again, like barcode scan patterns]. Ever do legal stuff over email; wow...what a nightmare when you can't print important documents to sign...
2018 calling.

Gianni Turri

未讀,
2018年1月14日 下午5:17:392018/1/14
收件者:
Try this:

- reply to the mail you can't print, don't send it, instead Save it, so it will be filed into Drafts
- close the mail
- go to the Drafts folder, select the just created draft, don't open it
- right click on it with the mouse e select Print or menu File, Print

HTH

--
Gianni

...w¡ñ§±¤ñ

未讀,
2018年1月28日 晚上8:22:182018/1/28
收件者:
rdh1...@gmail.com wrote:

> I hate to disturb someone's smartness...but here it is 2018...and I DO HAVE THIS PROBLEM...and have had it for some time, searching high and low for a solution [I still am forced to use windows 7 because of legacy issues and data files that reach back to 2003 that will not transport to windows 10 [curse microsoft and incompatibility with their own software] so cannot use windows 10 etc]. Work a problem to it's solution because IT IS time irrelevant until that solution is found.

The last printing patch for WLM was years ago(2012) and only for
compatiblity purposes for an under-the-hood printing patch
included(under-the-hood) in an IE11 update.

No fix from MSFT will ever be forthcoming or possibly even the general
public since WLM's last version 2012 hasn't been updated in about 4 yrs.

As far as legacy issues with Windows 7(data files not transportable) to
Win10 - not related in any fashion or form to WLM.

While not what many with 15 yrs old files wish to hear, 15 yrs if more than
sufficient time to address o/s and data compatibility.

One can wish, but it's unlikely a solution will ever be provided in this
forum(group)...especially for a no-longer-applicable 7+ yr old thread...but
feel free to wait and if available, her or elsewhere please post the
solution to your issue.

--
msft mvp windows experience 2007-2016, insider mvp 2016-2018

llas...@gmail.com

未讀,
2020年3月2日 晚上10:54:562020/3/2
收件者:
Yes! rdh...you said everything that was going through my mind as well! It's 3/2/20, and I'm having the same issue! I'm looking for answers. @ winst...as my mother has always said...if you don't have anything good to say...don't say anything at all ;)
0 則新訊息