Script Error Message when viewing message in Windows Live Mail

echofish

Aug 11, 2010, 9:39:03 AM8/11/10
Often when I receive messages I get an error message saying, "an error has
occurred in the script on this page." Then I have to click yes or no do I
want to continue running scripts on this page. Often have to click numerous
times before I can get rid of error message and view the email message.
Every time I click on the message to view it, I get this error message and
have to deal with it again. What can I do to quit getting this error message?

R. C. White

Aug 11, 2010, 10:01:35 AM8/11/10
Hi, echofish.

I've seen that message from time to time in IE, but never in WLMail - or any
other mail program that I can recall.

Are you seeing it in WLMail? Or while reading mail or news in your BROWSER?

Your message was posted from your browser, not from WLMail.

RC

--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"echofish" wrote in message

Robert Aldwinckle

Aug 11, 2010, 10:24:44 AM8/11/10

> What can I do to quit getting this error message?

Where are you seeing this? If you're not using WLMail.exe the product
supported by this newsgroup but instead using the new web interface to
Hotmail you should be posting in a web forum through the Hotmail portal.
In any case, pick a portal and pick a forum starting from here and note that
the Mail portal is (ambiguously) only for issues involving the WLMail.exe
program only.

http://www.windowslivehelp.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

echofish

Aug 11, 2010, 3:45:03 PM8/11/10

I am using Windows Live Mail. I do not use Hot mail or any web form of mail.
Sometimes when I open a message in windows live mail I will get this error
message. It is usually email messages that that have pictures, etc. For
example, I just received an email today from Life Line Screening and got the
error message. Had to click several times before I could view the email. I
also often get the error message when I get an email from a garden center I
often visit. I often use stationery for my emails and get the error message
when someone replies to me using the stationery message I sent to them. Is
there something I can do to avoid this message?
"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> .

echofish

Aug 11, 2010, 3:50:03 PM8/11/10
I am not reading mail in my browser. I open windows live mail from my desktop
using the WLM icon. I do not even open IE when reading my mail. I am
referring to messages I receive in WLM. Thanks.

"R. C. White" wrote:

> .

Michael Santovec

Aug 11, 2010, 4:00:13 PM8/11/10
Tools (ALT+T), Safety Options, Security. Make sure that WLM is set to
the Restricted Zone. That prevents WLM from trying to run scripts in
e-mail.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"echofish" <echo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]

echofish

Aug 11, 2010, 5:39:03 PM8/11/10
That seems to have taken care of the problem. Thank you so much.

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

> .

ha

Aug 11, 2010, 6:56:03 PM8/11/10