Windows Live Mail Or Windows Mail won't start: C:\Windows\system32\ESENT.dll error

TGL

Oct 2, 2009, 5:19:43 PM10/2/09

16204

16205

16206

I am unable to start Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail. When I try to
start Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail, I get a wlmail.exe or
WinMail.exe-Bad Image error screen pop up that says
C:\Windows\system32\ESENT.dll is either not designed to run on Windows
or it contains an error. And it also says: Try installing the program
again using the original installation media or contact your system
administrator or software vendor for support. Then, when I click OK
button, it says: Windows Live Mail could not be started because
msmail.dll could not be loaded and when I click OK button on the same
error screen for Windows Mail, it says: Windows Mail could not be
started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded. How can I repair the
errors on the system 32 file it's referring to since that seems to be
the main problem. If I can fix the system 32 file, I'll probably be able
to start Windows Live Mail and Windows Mail I'm assuming? I have tried
repairing Windows Live Mail through Programs and Features under Windows
Live Essentials to no avail-I clicked repair and it supposedly repaired
all the Windows Live Essentials including Windows Live Mail. But, it did
not fix this problem. Please help....I don't want to have to start from
scratch and reinstall Windows (Windows Vista Home Premium)!!

Thanks,
TGL (Tonya)

|Filename: Windows Live Mail msmail.dll not loading, Capture.JPG |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16206|

TGL

Peter.R

Oct 3, 2009, 4:43:32 AM10/3/09
Try running 'System File Checker'

In an elevated Command Prompt: sfc /scannow

See: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html

--
Peter.R
(Windows Live Mail 2009 14.0.8089.726 on Windows Vista Home Premium SP2)