HELP

Paul

Jan 7, 2010, 3:13:02 PM1/7/10
Have 2 accounts Hotmail & earthlink Cant send mail on either using WLM, it
all goes to the outbox.using vista
--
Paul

Gary VanderMolen (MVP)

Jan 7, 2010, 4:34:13 PM1/7/10
Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,
right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

...winston

Jan 7, 2010, 7:53:30 PM1/7/10
Hotmail:
Pop3 or Http ?

If Pop3 see these settings
Hotmail and MSN Accounts POP3/SMTP Access
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!422.entry

====

Earthlink:
If Pop3
Servers
Incoming: pops.earthlink.net
Outgoing: smtpauth.earthlink.net

E-mail username: <yourusername>@earthlink.net

Logon using clear text authentication

Outgoing Mail Server
- Requires Authentication
- Settings (check the option to use same as Incoming)

Server:
Outgoing mail(SMTP): 587
- SSL unchecked
Incoming Mail(Pop3): 110
- SSL Unchecked

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

Paul

Jan 7, 2010, 9:51:02 PM1/7/10

Paul

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'hope'
Server: 'smtp.earthlink.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10061 heres the next message
"...winston" wrote:

> .

...winston

Jan 8, 2010, 1:43:44 AM1/8/10

>> Outgoing: smtpauth.earthlink.net

>> Outgoing mail(SMTP): 587
>> - SSL unchecked

And disable your AV client email scanning.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

"Paul" <Pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A81EA277-AD80-4BAC...@microsoft.com...

**** Server: 'smtp.earthlink.net' ****

Paul

Jan 8, 2010, 9:41:01 AM1/8/10
sorry,how do i do that
--
Paul

"...winston" wrote:

> .

Bruce Hagen

Jan 8, 2010, 10:46:01 AM1/8/10
What AV program do you use?
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Paul" <Pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Paul

Jan 8, 2010, 12:38:01 PM1/8/10
McAfee
--
Paul

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> .

Bruce Hagen

Jan 8, 2010, 12:45:08 PM1/8/10
It's somewhere in the McAfee Security Center. This is old, but it may help
you find it.

To turn off e-mail scanning in McAfee:
http://www.vcn.com/knowledgebase/article.php?id=437

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Paul" <Pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Bob

Jan 8, 2010, 2:52:25 PM1/8/10
Instead of disabling e-mail scanning in McAfee the OP would be better served
by totally getting rid of McAfee.
McAfee often causes problems. Sometimes they don’t show up immediately.

Replace McAfee with the free AVG http://free.grisoft.com/ or Avast
Defender. Disabling McAfee is not enough. It needs to be completely
uninstalled.

McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/McAfee-Consumer-Product-Removal-Tool.shtml

"Bruce Hagen" <Nos...@mymail.invalid> wrote in message

...winston

Jan 8, 2010, 9:57:59 AM1/8/10
Which one..
Enter the Outgoing server and port or Disable email scanning in your AV client ?
The former, right click on account in the left hand folder pane, selecte properties(the fields for each can be found on the Servers
and the Advance tab)
The latter, check your AV manual or search for instructions on your AV provider's web site.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

Amber

Mar 12, 2010, 1:11:01 PM3/12/10
problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and read
the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service
provider.

WHY IS THIS happening? I have tried everything.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> .

slk759

Mar 12, 2010, 2:03:44 PM3/12/10
You jumped in the middle of someone else's thread . . . . .

Try going to the account in Tools - Accounts - select it - Properties -
Servers tab - click on the checkbox, "My server requires authentication" (at
bottom).

"Amber" <Am...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

slk759

Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

Mar 12, 2010, 2:51:55 PM3/12/10
Amber, that's not the complete error message.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
The part you left off will look something like this:

Subject 'test'
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP

Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10013

In the future, please start a new thread instead of jumping into a thread
started by someone else.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com