How to Fix & Repair Outlook Express Folders and Folders.dbx - In use Compacting Error

Message has been deleted

John Agro

Nov 11, 2010, 9:42:26 PM11/11/10
Fix and repair Outlook Express Folders and Folders.dbx file without
loosing Folder Structure.
Fix "Currently in Use" error when compacting

Instructions:

1) Find your Outlook Express Store Location: Outlook Express, Tools,
Options, Maintenance Tab, Store Folder. Write down the location or
select the text using your mouse and right click and select copy. Now
Click Cancel. Close Outlook Express completely.

2) Browse to the store folder location from step 1 (the fastest way
is to open any folder and paste the location into the address bar).

3) Rename the Store Folder by adding a .bak to the end. For example:

Outlook Express
Outlook Expires.bak

Note: Although not necessary, you may wish to make a safety copy of
the Outlook Express Store Folder before starting step 3 above (for
example, make a copy and call it "Outlook Express Safe Backup".

4). Create a new empty folder in the same location with the exact
same name as the original (without the .bak obviously), e.g.: Outlook
Express

5) Start Outlook Express and select: File, Import, Messages, [Your
Version of Outlook Express], Import Mail from OE6 Store Directory,
Browse to the Folder you renamed (the one with the .bak, in our
example: Outlook Express.bak).

Note: Be sure to select "Import Mail from OE6 Store Directory" and
NOT "import mail from an OE6 Identity".

6) Complete the Import Wizard and the import will begin.

This will import all your outlook email and freshly rebuild all your
folders including the file Folders.dbx. Your folder structure will
also be imported.

Note: If something goes wrong or the import results are not as
expected, you can reverse the process easily. Close Outlook Express,
Delete the Folder "Outlook Express" and remove the .bak from the other
folder.

Steve Cochran

Nov 12, 2010, 8:44:16 AM11/12/10
First of all, its probably not necessary to generate a new message store
just because of folders.dbx being in use. If you go to File | Work offline
after rebooting and just starting OE, then one can usually fix the issue.

But its a lot easier just to go to File | Identities and setup a new
Identity which will give you a clean message store and a new registry hive
and then the user can go to File | Import | Messages and import from the
older Identity. This is a proven method for resolving many issues.

steve

"MARC" <marcr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

John Agro

Nov 12, 2010, 10:08:45 AM11/12/10
Tried offline and compacting the folders file still failed. Thanks
for the tip about generating a new identity and importing, which is
easier if you don't mind a new identity. I believe you wouild also
need import you mail account settings (logins) and address book as
well if you create a new identity.

BillW50

Apr 5, 2011, 7:06:28 AM4/5/11
In

I rarely ever compact my OE folders. As I run a registry file to reset
the count to 1, so I never see the message to compact. But yesterday I
went to do so just to do it. I probably haven't done it in a couple of
years.

You guessed it, stops at folders.dbx in use. I read everybodies comments
to repairing this problem. And I found a solution that worked much
better.

First of all, compacting is already done when it gets here. So I have
found just ignoring the error and I don't see anything wrong.

If you don't like ignoring, well you have to this time. But go offline
FILE -> WORK OFFLINE (you should be offline anyway before you start).
Now close OE. Now open it again (it still should be offline). And now
try compacting and it shouldn't have any trouble with folders.dbx in use
error.

--
Bill
Centrino Core Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

johnchri...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2013, 4:32:18 AM7/8/13
Repair outlook express data with the help of to fix outlook express 6

http://www.fixoutlookexpressproblems.outlookexpressfix.com/

Al Sparber-PVII

Jul 8, 2013, 4:34:46 PM7/8/13
Report not abuse
johnchri...@gmail.com wrote:
> Repair outlook express data with the help of to fix outlook express 6
>
> http://www.microdoft.com/

We can fix your daughter and your son in our sex industry and your
problems would be solved. You will be paid $3,000 for each of your son
and $5,000 for each of your daughters.

--

Al Sparber - PVII
http://www.projectseven.com

phil29gi...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2013, 7:13:42 PM12/8/13
See next solution dbx repair

Outlook Express Repair Toolbox will give a lot of useful instruments

Apply http://www.outlookexpress.repairtoolbox.com/

Luisw

Dec 19, 2013, 4:57:40 AM12/19/13
Get useful instruction to fix errors as well as repair Outlook Express folders & Files. Availed DBX File Repair tool implies latest technology and improved all corrupted files soon. For help can utilize the free demo, this is flawless app as takes responsibility of Outlook Express Restore.

http://www.dbxfilerepair.com/

benetcr...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014, 1:10:08 PM3/12/14
On Monday, July 8, 2013 9:32:18 AM UTC+1, johnchri...@gmail.com wrote:
> Repair outlook express data with the help of to fix outlook express 6 http://www.fixoutlookexpressproblems.outlookexpressfix.com/

i tried this site and my Norton said the installer was unsafe, so i didn't get any further - i think avoid it!

benetcr...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2014, 1:13:19 PM3/12/14
On Monday, December 9, 2013 12:13:42 AM UTC, phil29gi...@gmail.com wrote:
> See next solution dbx repair Outlook Express Repair Toolbox will give a lot of useful instruments Apply http://www.outlookexpress.repairtoolbox.com/

...and anyone contemplating using this should know that you can only RECOVER your lost .dbx files with the paid-for software, not the free/'demo' version [$27 or $45]. Very galling when it's a big chunk of inbox that needs individually ticking!!!
Message has been deleted

alex.k...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2014, 8:05:16 AM3/21/14
OE-Mail Recovery is Outlook Express dbx extractor and OE DBX recovery tool. It extract and save all recovered messages as .eml files on hard drive. Outlook Express dbx extract software don't use the third part components to extract dbx file.
Source: <a href="http://www.oemailrecovery.com/dbx-extract.html">http://www.oemailrecovery.com/dbx-extract.html</a>

alexr...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2014, 4:11:52 PM3/21/14
http://www.oemailrecovery.com/outlook-express-recovery.html
There is a solution, Recover deleted messages is possible because actually these messages can long remain in the bank and after removal. Contacts and messages are stored in different places in Windows XP. Contacts stored in a .wab files in Windows Address Book. Messages stored in Outlook Express folders by default. If you restore messages from a .dbx files of Outlook Express then later you can restore contacts from a recovered emails. OE-Mail Recovery allow to recover messages from damaged Outlook Express folders.

bnala...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2014, 8:34:07 AM4/1/14
Hello,

Manual solution is available by performing which you can fix and recover data from damaged Outlook Express files. Read this post to check step by step process: http://semnaitik.wordpress.com/2014/02/26/how-to-repair-corrupted-dbx-files-of-outlook-express/

I read this post and i got the manual solution by using which i recovered my DBX files. In case of severe corruption, you will have to use recovery software. Search in google as there are several recovery tools available or you can use SysInfoTools DBX File Recovery software. you can examine this software by using its free demo version. Visit this link to install demo version: http://www.sysinfotools.com/recovery/dbx-recovery.html.

Thank You.

keysro...@gmail.com

May 8, 2014, 7:21:42 AM5/8/14
dbx is a data file used to store emails, contacts, notes in Outlook express. But this files easily damaged or corrupted when exceed 2GB size limit or due to
virus attack or application malfunctioning. But there is nothing to worry as by using dbx Outlook express recovery software, you can easily recover damaged
or corrupted .dbx files. It incorporated advance algorithm to recover inbox, Outbox, calendars, contacts, drafts etc. Get more details: http://www.recoverfilesdata.com/outlook-express-dbx-recovery.html
use free demo version.

linkexchan...@gmail.com

May 28, 2014, 5:36:16 AM5/28/14
Use outlook express repair software to repair DBX files and recover deleted email. http://www.en.repairoutlookexpress6.net

linkm...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2014, 5:11:53 AM6/2/14
Pick the assured solution key & fix your corrupts OE files steadily, surely you will able to Repair Outlook Express folders without data lose. I have good experience with Outlook Express Restore software which is safe also straightforward to apply. Moreover it is well attended with each Windows so install & examine properly its scenario with Try demo.

http://oe-dbxrecovery.blogspot.com

Best Regard

ameliem...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2014, 8:23:30 AM7/14/14
To fix issues or repair corrupted .dbx files, you also can choose the manual method. Take help from this link and get the steps-

http://ijiraojutu.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/dbx-file-repair-for-corrupt-outlook-express-in-apparent-steps/

Thank you.

bella...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2014, 4:16:24 PM7/23/14
I had a similar problem.Mne helped clients Outlook Express Recovery Toolbox.
http://www.outlookexpress.restoretools.com/

kimberl...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2014, 4:25:51 AM7/30/14
See next solution dbx repair
OE-Mail Recovery will give a lot of useful instruments
http://www.outlookexpressrepair.oemailrecovery.com/

kimberl...@gmail.com

kimberl...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2014, 4:27:00 AM7/30/14
On Friday, November 12, 2010 5:42:26 AM UTC+3, John Agro wrote:
> Fix and repair Outlook Express Folders and Folders.dbx file without
> loosing Folder Structure.
> Fix "Currently in Use" error when compacting
>
> Instructions:
>
> 1) Find your Outlook Express Store Location: Outlook Express, Tools,
> Options, Maintenance Tab, Store Folder. Write down the location or
> select the text using your mouse and right click and select copy. Now
> Click Cancel. Close Outlook Express completely.

bobken...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2014, 2:47:17 AM8/1/14
dbx is a data file used to store emails, contacts, notes in Outlook express. But this files easily damaged or corrupted when exceed 2GB size limit or due to
virus attack or application malfunctioning. But there is nothing to worry as by using Outlook express dbx recovery software, you can easily recover damaged
or corrupted .dbx files. It incorporated advance algorithm to recover inbox, Outbox, calendars, contacts, drafts etc. Get more details at: http://www.undeletepcfiles.com/outlook-express-dbx-recovery.html

christoph...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2014, 5:26:23 AM9/10/14
You can recover Outlook Express file by using third party tool named as Outlook Express dbx recovery software for the recovery of corrupt .DBX files. get more info:- http://www.recoverfilesdata.com/outlook-express-dbx-recovery.html

kayer.je...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2014, 3:31:34 AM9/18/14
Outlook Express recovery program is now available to resolve all these problem and restore entire Outlook Express e-mails data. For more information download this tool.

Download:- http://www.pcrecoverytools.com/outlook-express-recovery.html
Message has been deleted

homerck...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2014, 6:31:24 AM10/14/14
I think it is necessary in any case to move the database to another folder, then create the folders in Outlook, it is necessary to close Outlook and move the base back.
While I would in your place just regained them special prog. For example this: http://www.repairoutlookexpress.recoverytoolbox.com/
You are faced with a fairly common problem. So read it here: http://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/microsoft/microsoft-aa/outlook-express/316-how-to-repair-outlook-express
I think you will find a couple of sensible advice.

rawats...@gmail.com

Dec 5, 2014, 12:24:31 AM12/5/14
On Friday, November 12, 2010 8:12:26 AM UTC+5:30, John Agro wrote:
> Fix and repair Outlook Express Folders and Folders.dbx file without
> loosing Folder Structure.
> Fix "Currently in Use" error when compacting
>
> Instructions:
>
> 1) Find your Outlook Express Store Location: Outlook Express, Tools,
> Options, Maintenance Tab, Store Folder. Write down the location or
> select the text using your mouse and right click and select copy. Now
> Click Cancel. Close Outlook Express completely.

I can recommended to this tool designed by SysInfoTools of DBX File Repair, the main task of DBX Recovery tool from SysInfoTools is to restore the out of order DBX files that are unable to read by Outlook Express and when a range of other programs are not capable for restoring the information contained in these files

To know more about software visit here :- http://sonikarawat.wordpress.com/2014/03/31/how-to-repair-dbx-file/

2be...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2016, 4:44:50 PM1/3/16
On Friday, November 12, 2010 at 4:08:45 PM UTC+1, John Agro wrote:
> Tried offline and compacting the folders file still failed. Thanks
> for the tip about generating a new identity and importing, which is
> easier if you don't mind a new identity. I believe you wouild also
> need import you mail account settings (logins) and address book as
> well if you create a new identity.

a free tool for dbx recovery is undbx (GPL), mentioned at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express#External_links, else as online form check http://outlookexpress-thunderbird-dbx.7xl.org

2be...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2016, 4:46:36 PM1/3/16
trying to post, doesn't seem to work? ...

kylem...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2016, 3:31:07 PM4/9/16
Also Look at this DBX file repair software is one of best Outlook Express email reader tool that open outlook express files and restore to to pst files in easy steps. It supports all major Outlook versions. - See more at: https://softcart.wordpress.com/dbx-to-pst-converter-software/ or http://www.mozesoft.com/dbx-to-pst-converter.html

smithj...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2016, 7:52:23 AM7/30/16
Try this eminent DBX to PST Converter tool to recover and convert dbx to pst files in easy steps. DBX to PST Converter supports all major Outlook versions including Outlook 2007, 2003, 2010, 2013and 2016. Use this DBX to PST Converter to convert dbx to pst files. - See more at: http://www.recover.mozesoft.com/email-migration/dbx-to-pst-converter/

jayleen...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2018, 8:25:32 AM7/12/18
In my last company, I was so worried about how to safely convert DBX files to PST format. At that moment, one of my colleagues helped me by providing DBX to PST Converter to me. You can also give a chance to this tool. for more details please visit :- https://www.softknoll.com/dbx-to-pst-converter/