"Message could not be opened from Outbox folder" 0x800420C8 error

Patrick J. Kelly III

Apr 4, 2005, 4:12:00 PM4/4/05
The message could not be opened from out Outbox folder. Account: 'Charter',
Server: 'mail.cbnstl.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800420C8

I am getting the "Message could not be opened from Outbox folder" 0x800420C8
error. I have serveral accounts but they are all different. No duplicate
accounts. I only get the error when sending a large number of e-mails. I
try to send about 1500 e-mails each addressed to a different e-mail address.
When I have sent about 512 messages I then get this error on all the
remainding e-mails. The messages sent are in the sent directory, and the
remaining e-mails are still in the outbox. I do a send all again and
another approx 512 e-mails are sent before I start getting this error.

choro-nik

Apr 4, 2005, 4:55:36 PM4/4/05
Serves you right, you bastard spammer!!!
--
choro-nik
********

"Patrick J. Kelly III" <pj...@pdq.net> wrote in message

Donald Anadell

Apr 10, 2005, 9:49:40 AM4/10/05
If you don't have any duplicate accounts you might try the second recommendation here:

Since you posted this question on more than one forum, you might also check the answers to your question here:

If you are a Spammer my sentiments are the same a choro-nik's.

jeremy

Jul 19, 2007, 11:58:43 AM7/19/07
close outlook express and rename your sentitems.dbx to sentitems.dbx.old
then reopen outlook and it will work the reason this happens is due to the
dbx file has either corrupted or is too full once an email hits the outbox
outlook dumps it to the sent items file if this file is corrupt them well it
bounces around in outbox. also remember it may give error and may look like
it hasnt been sent but it has been sent many time.

akahsin

Aug 21, 2013, 2:23:12 AM8/21/13
Yes, that is right. Error is due to the size of the sentitems.dbx

cameronph...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2014, 6:01:13 AM7/5/14
You should apply the Outlook Express Recovery software to fix issue from Outbox folder. Outlook Express Restore is one of efficient & reliable program as it has eliminated corruption issue from OE when my crucial mails has damaged. So my suggestion is to prefer it, surely you will able to open your inaccessible emails seamlessly.

Visit the link to get whole process-

http://oe-dbxrecovery.blogspot.com

india...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2017, 6:39:28 AM1/31/17
The message could not be opened from out Outbox folder. Account: 'user', Server: '192.168.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800420C8

india...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2017, 6:41:27 AM1/31/17
The message could not be opened from out Outbox folder. Account: 'user', Server: '192.168.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800420C8

Pls help.

regards,

VA