Internet Explorer Script Error

Tom B.

Oct 24, 2008, 1:39:01 AM10/24/08
Whenever The Weather Channel Desktop attempts to open, I get an Internet
Explorer Script Error which states:

An error has ocurred in the script on this page.
Line: 17446
Character: 29
Undetermined String Constant
Error: Object Expected
Do you wish to continue running script on this page? (or something like
that..)

When I click on Yes or No, I get the same error message over and over about
6 times. Then it stops. Then after about 15-20 seconds, it appears again over
and over and this process just keeps repeating itself until I Exit the
Weather Channel from the notification area.
In IE under Tools/Internet Options/Advanced Tab, Disable Script Debugging is
already checked, also for Internet Explorer. "Display a notification for
every script error" is unchecked. Still have same problem!
I ran Ad-Aware and Super AntiSpyware, as well as AVG Anti-Virus, and still
having same problem.
I attempted to reinstall Weather Channel Desktop, and after reinstall, SAME
ERROR MESSAGE.
I uninstalled Weather Channel Desktop, and reinstalled cold, and still have
same problem!
I have IE 6 and Windows XP.
Holy moly, what is going on here??
How do I rectify this problem? It's annoying.
Thanks.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Oct 24, 2008, 9:16:42 AM10/24/08
"Tom B." <To...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en
Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en

2. Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
Internet Options and click Delete Files.

2a. Start | Run | Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2b. Start | Run | Regsvr32 jscript.dll

3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

4. See also
Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
on This Page
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831 (WinXP only)
Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
Installing Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521 (IE6 only)

5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
extensions (uncheck & reboot).

5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
check for hijackware anyway):

Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Tom B.

Oct 24, 2008, 10:30:07 AM10/24/08
Thanks for that!
TB

Para

Nov 4, 2008, 4:02:01 AM11/4/08
Tools->Manage Add-ons-> Select "ViewSource Class" and Disable it.
Close that browser and open new one, hopefully it should have fixed.
--
regads
Para