IE 6/Napster 4.0 Runtime Error

1 view

Michael White

Nov 16, 2007, 2:50:02 PM11/16/07
I think this is an IE problem, but if not, forgive the misposting.

I run IE 6.0 SP2 on Windows XP Professional. I'm also a Napster member, and
have recently downloaded their software update to version 4.0.4.7.

When I first ran the Napster software, on every page, I'd get a script error
that read:

"Automation server can’t create object"

Napster told me to disable script debugging and script error notifications
in IE 6, which I did. Now, I just get an Error message that says:

"A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 7
Error: Automation server can’t create object"

Is this still an IE 6 problem, or is this a problem with the Napster
software (or maybe my configuration?)? Napster says it's an IE problem, but
they're not the most helpful in the world.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MSW

Jon Kennedy

Nov 16, 2007, 6:19:01 PM11/16/07
First thing to try would be to update/reinstall your scripting engines:

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en

If no joy, also install the msxml6.msi from:

Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=993C0BCF-3BCF-4009-BE21-27E85E1857B1&displaylang=en

Reboot after installing the above.

Also, check your scripting security settings in IE - Tools...Internet
Options...Security tab, Custom button.

Repost if your issue continues.
--

Jon Kennedy, MS MVP/IE