pop up window "object Error"

seussman

Aug 29, 2008, 3:48:13 AM8/29/08
When i do a search in google i get a popup error window titled 'Microsoft
Internet Explorer' with a black exclamation mark in a yellow triangle and the
word 'object Error'. It only happens when i search google.
I've searched everywhere and found no other mention of it.
I've got xp and IE6

nass

Aug 29, 2008, 2:19:02 PM8/29/08

"seussman" wrote:

1... Click start >> Control Panel >> Double Click Network and Internet
Connections >> Double click Internet Options, on the IE Properties window
you will see these Options:
General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs
| Advanced .

Click on General Tab (1st Tab on the left) and you will see a Button called
[ Clear History ..] click on it to clear your History caches, then click on
[Delete Files..] to delete Internet Files created over the time, click on [
Delete Cookies...] to delete your cookies left by visiting websites.

Click on Connections tab then click LAN Settings Button, there make sure
nothing checked.

= Then try to Disable the Add-Ons on your Browser somehow installed on your
browser, On how to disable the Add-ons follow this:
Click on Programs Tab and then click the Manage Add-Ons Button there Disable
the None/Not Verified Plug-ins/Add-ons ( you need to Renable them one-by-one
later and see which is the culprit .
How to manage Add-Ons:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256

Click on Advanced Tab and scroll down under the browsing option and uncheck
this box:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Disable Script Debugging (IE)
[ ] Disable Script Debugging Other
[ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest)

Scan for malware from here:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/default.htm?s_cid=sah
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-gb/default.htm
= Then Open a run command and type in these DLLs to re-register them:
regsvr32 SOFTPUB.DLL
regsvr32 Wintrust.dll
regsvr32 Mssip32.dll
regsvr32 Initpki.dll
regsvr32 Gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 Sccbase.dll
regsvr32 Slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll
regsvr32 Cryptdlg.dll
regsvr32 Dssenh.dll
regsvr32 Rsaenh.dll
Note you can copy the above and paste in a Notepad and Save As on the
Desktop reg.bat file, double click the icon for the reg.bat and lick [OK]
and then Yes.
Again on the Run command type in:
ipconfig /flushdns click [OK]
ipconfig /renew click [OK]
netsh winsock reset click [OK]
Reboot your machine and see if you can access any website/link easily and
without the cannot connect error message.
= Either try to update your windows scripting engine or Java version on your
computer, try to uninstall the old Java first.
Windows Script 5.6 Documentation
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=01592C48-207D-4BE1-8A76-1C4099D7BBB9&displaylang=en
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Run disk clean up and then this command:
sfc /scannow
HTH
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

dans...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2012, 11:10:08 AM12/27/12
Forget about it. Just make Firefox your default browser.

98 Guy

Dec 27, 2012, 9:15:47 PM12/27/12
4 years ago, on Friday, August 29, 2008, seussman wrote:

> When i do a search in google i get a popup error window titled
> 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' with a black exclamation mark
> in a yellow triangle and the word 'object Error'. It only
> happens when i search google.

Today, dansilvia (who lives in Attleboro MA) responded:

> Forget about it. Just make Firefox your default browser.

Way to do Dan.

I'm sure Seussman was waiting 4 years for your reply.

See Dan, that's what happens when you experience usenet through
google-gropes. You become even more brain-dead than you already are,
and usenet veterans who use actual, real usenet clients shake their
heads and laugh at you.

against...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2013, 11:07:19 AM1/16/13

Resolved with the steps from Click on Advanced Tab and scroll down under the browsing option and uncheck

98 Guy

Jan 16, 2013, 11:30:54 AM1/16/13
Another google-groper moron "againstdiction @ gmail.com" responding to a
post that's 4 years old.

Why do you google gropers embarass yourselves by replying to posts that
are years old?

Why are you dumb as shit?

against...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2013, 12:13:44 PM1/16/13
lol nice

was at work searching for a resolution to an issue, found it, logged it for any others who may have same issue. resolution was still relevant albeit the original issue posted years ago.

as to replying to a post that was four years old, tl;dr the date anything was posted?? date issue was posted wasn't relevant at the time as it resolved what i had goin

hey man have a good day, hope it really turns out well

98 Guy

Jan 17, 2013, 10:03:47 AM1/17/13
against...@gmail.com wrote:

> > Why do you google gropers embarass yourselves by replying to
> > posts that are years old?
>
> lol nice
>
> was at work searching for a resolution to an issue, found it,
> logged it for any others who may have same issue. resolution was
> still relevant albeit the original issue posted years ago.

Sorry - no.

There is nothing relevant about IE6 any more.

IE6 was taken out back behind the shed and shot 6 years ago.

> as to replying to a post that was four years old, tl;dr the date
> anything was posted?? date issue was posted wasn't relevant at
> the time as it resolved what i had goin

Are you trying your hand at sporge? Because that's what that assortment
of words looks like.

Word salad.

> hey man have a good day, hope it really turns out well

It will, because I won't be using IE6.

extremeb...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2013, 1:45:19 AM1/27/13
Who cares if it was four years old or not because it just helped me today. So any one responding late or not does not matter. Thanks for the post

98 Guy

Jan 27, 2013, 8:07:19 AM1/27/13
The idiot extremebigwheels @ gmail.com who uses google-groups to
experience usenet and because of that, he used improper usenet message
composition style by double-spacing and unnecessarily full-quoting,
wrote:

> Who cares if it was four years old or not because it just helped me
> today. So any one responding late or not does not matter.

You're also a fool for still using (or trying to use) IE6 in the year
2013.

You brain-dead google-grouper.

harleyc...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2013, 8:35:35 PM1/28/13

98 Guy

Jan 28, 2013, 10:39:01 PM1/28/13
The fool harleycustom57 @ gmail.com double-spaced this nugget:

> > You brain-dead google-grouper.

In other words, the fool quoted a previous post of mine (and
double-spaced it in the process) and added -> NOTHING to the post.

Way to go fool.

Google makes all your posts look ridiculous.